Minneapolis Regional

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 11:54 PM)
go eagles.

Outside of Illinois and then Bradley and SIU of course, I will be rooting for BC. I love your style of play, your players and how hard they play, and Al Skinner, who IMO is the 2nd most underrated game coach in the nation to Bo Ryan.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 09:52 AM)
Outside of Illinois and then Bradley and SIU of course, I will be rooting for BC.  I love your style of play, your players and how hard they play, and Al Skinner, who IMO is the 2nd most underrated game coach in the nation to Bo Ryan.

Good man.

Personally, I feel as if this team is one of the most dangerous in all of college basketball. With yesterday's performance, and pretty much this weekend in general, it's become very clear to most analysts that this Boston College team is for real.

Some people here are comparing Boston College this year, to the teams of the past who struggled mightily in the tournaments, and to those people, I have a few things to say.

First and foremost, depth has been a major problem with this team. Last year, a seven man rotation was used, and for a team that bangs as much as they do, wear and tear had been built up after starting the season with twenty straight.

This year's team has a nine man rotation with a Sean Williams whose rustyness from starting the season halfway through has subsided, the extremely athletic and high flying Marquez Haynes, the upincoming Tyrese Rice, and the future Craig Smith in Akida McClain. And that's just referring to the bench.

The fact that Craig, Jared, and Luis rarely see pine, and the fact that they have aged not only on the court but off the court aswell, and I am not even referring to the progress they've made on there own, but as a whole entire unit aswell.

I don't know what to expect from this team, to be honest with you. The bias in me wants me to say they can be National Champions, but then foul trouble for Sean Marshall and seven JJ Redick three pointers later, and my Eagles are done.

In all seriousness, bias aside, this team is very capable of making a run deep, and are far too good to not be one of the remaining sixteen.

Whether you choose for them to upset Villanova, who I think they match-up well against, or not, is your choice.

/end rant

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 09:52 AM)
Outside of Illinois and then Bradley and SIU of course, I will be rooting for BC.  I love your style of play, your players and how hard they play, and Al Skinner, who IMO is the 2nd most underrated game coach in the nation to Bo Ryan.

I actually have BC going a long way, I think they have a chance to make it to the final four IMO.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 12:55 PM)
Good man.

Personally, I feel as if this team is one of the most dangerous in all of college basketball.  With yesterday's performance, and pretty much this weekend in general, it's become very clear to most analysts that this Boston College team is for real.

Some people here are comparing Boston College this year, to the teams of the past who struggled mightily in the tournaments, and to those people, I have a few things to say.

First and foremost, depth has been a major problem with this team.  Last year, a seven man rotation was used, and for a team that bangs as much as they do, wear and tear had been built up after starting the season with twenty straight.

This year's team has a nine man rotation with a Sean Williams whose rustyness from starting the season halfway through has subsided, the extremely athletic and high flying Marquez Haynes, the upincoming Tyrese Rice, and the future Craig Smith in Akida McClain.  And that's just referring to the bench.

The fact that Craig, Jared, and Luis rarely see pine, and the fact that they have aged not only on the court but off the court aswell, and I am not even referring to the progress they've made on there own, but as a whole entire unit aswell.

I don't know what to expect from this team, to be honest with you.  The bias in me wants me to say they can be National Champions, but then foul trouble for Sean Marshall and seven JJ Redick three pointers later, and my Eagles are done.

In all seriousness, bias aside, this team is very capable of making a run deep, and are far too good to not be one of the remaining sixteen. 

Whether you choose for them to upset Villanova, who I think they match-up well against, or not, is your choice.

/end rant

I picked BC to make the Final 4, which is a bad sign for BC fans. :P

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 01:21 PM)
I think I'm about the only person who has BC losing to Nevada 2nd round.

I don't see it happening, but I can definitely see where you're coming from. Fazekas is an absolute stud. He'll definitely give them some problems downlow. Charlo is a good compliment to Fazekas. They've got some pretty underrated guards as well. I can't believe how stacked this particular bracket is.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

I swear Fazekas HAS to be european. He's a complete pussy (SEE: Augustine vs. Fazekas tape, circa March of 2005) and is still quite skinny. Boston College would eat him alive even worse than Augie did last year. Charlo is a solid complimentary player I agree, but he needs Fazekas playing well to be a factor. The Nevada guards are VERY talented, but equally inconsistent.

Oh, and before somebody points out the GREAT game (yes it was great) Fazekas had in a close win at Kansas earlier this year, mind you that was the same Kansas team who got it's ass kicked on the interior by Misery earlier this year. s***, put me in the post against Micah Downs and Christian Moody and I'll score 30 points.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Mar 14, 2006 -> 03:34 PM)
Wisconsin to the final 4.

What a f***ed up draw, but of all the #1 seeds Nova is probably the most beatable for the Badgers.

And if we can get past them Minnesota is basically home court for the Big Red Machine.

I don't think they would have a prayer against Nova.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 08:22 PM)
Ya, I have the Hoyas taking out OSU in round 2.

I know this post is from like.. halfway through the other page, but yea, I have the same thing :)

All fear the mighty badger. Even your name pays homage to the great Wisconsin.

(Anyways I know in reality its unlikely for Wisconsin to get past them, but hey the key word is "unlikely". We wouldnt be fans if we didnt have some faith, and if all the number 1's won all the time there wouldnt be much excitement. So until for the next few weeks, until Wisconsin loses, I will not be rational, I will be a fan.)

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 02:21 PM)
I think I'm about the only person who has BC losing to Nevada 2nd round.

I actually have Nevada in the elite 8, Fazekas is a stud. I think the travel and high altitude might effect BC, and Nevada is a lot closer to home.