Trade Boston-Arizona

Sox1422

Wow they wouldn't deal for Juan Cruz, but they want BY Kim?  interesting.  I guess that means they are going to annoint Kim as the closer.

I think they would've taken Cruz......... but the Cubs wanted to dish someone else.

I thought it was the Cubs that had been offering that deal?  Meh, maybe I was wrong then.

Cruz is considered to be the next pedro in the eyes of many, and I dont think they wanna be the montreal expos in the respect of being the ones who trade away a superstar.

Cruz is considered to be the next pedro in the eyes of many, and I dont think they wanna be the montreal expos in the respect of being the ones who trade away a superstar.

Juan Cruz numbers are similar to Rick White. I believe this was a cub spin job to garner publicity. I really don't get the Red Sox rush to get rid of Hillebrand?

Juan Cruz numbers are similar to Rick White. I believe this was a cub spin job to garner publicity.  I really don't get the Red Sox rush to get rid of Hillebrand?

Juan Cruz just can't pitch out of the pen to save his life. He had great numbers last year as a starter, he was just victimized by no offense and bad luck. If someone puts him in their starting rotation, he will be good, IMO

I'm sure you've read by now that Boston will be putting him into the rotation. BoSox had plenty of extra infielders to make this deal... Hillenbrand is good but not a superstar. I think its a good deal for both teams - but I hate to see a potential playoff opponent get better (gotta be an optimist, right?)

I agree with Neyers. I think this was a great deal for Boston. I think part of the reason that the D-Backs made the trade was for financial reasons, and usually the team getting rid of salary in these types of trades gets the short end of the deal talent wise(ala Millwood this offseason). Hillenbrand is a poormans, 3rd base version of Konerko(when he is hitting like he should). The only thing he does above average is hit for average. Kim is younger and has proven himself as one of the more dominating relievers in the game, and so far has done pretty well as a starter. A quality starter/domination reliever vs an average at best 3rd baseman. If given that choice I would take the pitcher, especially since Boston has other good options to take Hillenbrands AB's. For those of you origanal from the ESPN board this is a good day because Boogs favorite team got the short end of the deal.