What have I missed?

ZeroHour

Let's check. I think my last post was sometime during the playoffs, and before that was sometime last April.....not that anyone, even myself, keeps track.

I come back to ST because my baseball addiction is back and better than ever.

Not to beat dead horses, but Ill throw in a few kicks.

For starters, if you think a city being "over-soxed" or, god-forbid, becoming a "Sox town" is a BAD thing, you need your head examined. Fans=money=payroll=players. Period. I dont care if the new blood are posers, fools, bandwagoners, or just plain newbies, bring em all on. Sorry if you have to leave earlier to park, sorry if the beer lines are longer, its the spoils of war.

Speaking of spoils, the team, Oz, KW, JR brought the world series home! Remember? That thing that now defines our team and our baseball lifetimes? We should all be calm as Hindu cows right now. I know I am, but my fellow Sox fans frustrate me with all of this hand-wringing. Its not living in the past, its not blind faith, its trust.

Not to sound overly rah-rah, but this team is much improved. yes, it has some flaws, but tell me what you would have done differently. Yes, another bullpen arm would be nice, but I have to believe KW and Coop know more about Thornton than I do, no matter how much Baseball Prospectus I read. I would rather have BMac in the pen and Javy #5 than BMac #5 and another minor in the pen. Thome brings us lefty power and BA, while still cutting his teeth, is a good replacement for Rowand. 2005's bench had Geoff Blum and Timo Perez, 2006 has Mackowiak and Cintron. Both vast improvements and great insurance. Thats what KW did this winter. Insured.

We cant predict the future, we can only project, and why is everything always so doom and gloom here? Talk to me next homestand, maybe then well have a picture.

Until then, the ledge should stored in the very backs of our minds. Yes, Cleveland will be very good this year, but are they perfect? absolutely not. They are exposed to the same risks as the Sox as is every team.

Its time to show some trust, show some pride, and stay the course. Let the Cubs fans worry about how were playing, Im just enjoying the ride.

-ZeroHour is a lurker on the SoxTalk message board. The opinions of ZeroHour are his own pipe-dream optimism and contain generalities that should be taken with a grain of salt. If you would like to enjoy the first Chicago World Series in 88 years, ZeroHour suggests cutting back on the sports radio.

QUOTE(ZeroHour @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 10:29 AM)
Let's check.  I think my last post was sometime during the playoffs, and before that was sometime last April.....not that anyone, even myself, keeps track.

For starters, if you think a city being "over-soxed" or, god-forbid, becoming a "Sox town" is a BAD thing, you need your head examined.  Fans=money=payroll=players.  Period.  I dont care if the new blood are posers, fools, bandwagoners, or just plain newbies, bring em all on.  Sorry if you have to leave earlier to park, sorry if the beer lines are longer, its the spoils of war.

Speaking of spoils, the team, Oz, KW, JR brought the world series home!  Remember?  That thing that now defines our team and our baseball lifetimes?  We should all be calm as Hindu cows right now.  I know I am, but my fellow Sox fans frustrate me with all of this hand-wringing.  Its not living in the past, its not blind faith, its trust.

Not to sound overly rah-rah, but this team is much improved.  yes, it has some flaws, but tell me what you would have done differently.  Yes, another bullpen arm would be nice, but I have to believe KW and Coop know more about Thornton than I do, no matter how much Baseball Prospectus I read.  I would rather have BMac in the pen and Javy #5 than BMac #5 and another minor in the pen.  Thome brings us lefty power and BA, while still cutting his teeth, is a good replacement for Rowand.  2005's bench had Geoff Blum and Timo Perez, 2006 has Mackowiak and Cintron.  Both vast improvements and great insurance.  Thats what KW did this winter.  Insured. 

We cant predict the future, we can only project, and why is everything always so doom and gloom here?  Talk to me next homestand, maybe then well have a picture.

Until then, the ledge should stored in the very backs of our minds.  Yes, Cleveland will be very good this year, but are they perfect?  absolutely not.  They are exposed to the same risks as the Sox as is every team. 

Its time to show some trust, show some pride, and stay the course.  Let the Cubs fans worry about how were playing, Im just enjoying the ride.

-ZeroHour is a lurker on the SoxTalk message board.  The opinions of ZeroHour are his own pipe-dream optimism and contain generalities that should be taken with a grain of salt.  If you would like to enjoy the first Chicago World Series in 88 years, ZeroHour suggests cutting back on the sports radio.

Welcome back and good post.

good post, I agree with a lot of what you said. I will be celebrating last year's title forever, but I am glad all the ceremonies, rallys, give-a-ways, fly-overs and bake sales are over. Holding onto last year only keeps the team from moving forward and focusing on doing this again. I expect the White Sox to play much better in KC and Detroit.

Great post. And I agree, its time for the hoopla to be over and to get back to the business at hand. As I am sure is the case with all of us, 2005 will ALWAYS be a special season, forever in our minds. But its time to focus on 2006 and get back to the business at hand. This team will play better now that they can get on the road and get back to work. AJ in all of his sarcasm said it best when asking, "I wonder what they are going to do for us in Kansas City?"

Its time. 2005 will live forever in our memories and memorabilia, but 2006 is at hand, and its time to let the asskickings begin. :fight

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4:

Let's check.  I think my last post was sometime during the playoffs, and before that was sometime last April.....not that anyone, even myself, keeps track.

For starters, if you think a city being "over-soxed" or, god-forbid, becoming a "Sox town" is a BAD thing, you need your head examined.  Fans=money=payroll=players.  Period.  I dont care if the new blood are posers, fools, bandwagoners, or just plain newbies, bring em all on.  Sorry if you have to leave earlier to park, sorry if the beer lines are longer, its the spoils of war.

Speaking of spoils, the team, Oz, KW, JR brought the world series home!  Remember?  That thing that now defines our team and our baseball lifetimes?  We should all be calm as Hindu cows right now.  I know I am, but my fellow Sox fans frustrate me with all of this hand-wringing.  Its not living in the past, its not blind faith, its trust.

Not to sound overly rah-rah, but this team is much improved.  yes, it has some flaws, but tell me what you would have done differently.  Yes, another bullpen arm would be nice, but I have to believe KW and Coop know more about Thornton than I do, no matter how much Baseball Prospectus I read.  I would rather have BMac in the pen and Javy #5 than BMac #5 and another minor in the pen.  Thome brings us lefty power and BA, while still cutting his teeth, is a good replacement for Rowand.  2005's bench had Geoff Blum and Timo Perez, 2006 has Mackowiak and Cintron.  Both vast improvements and great insurance.  Thats what KW did this winter.  Insured. 

We cant predict the future, we can only project, and why is everything always so doom and gloom here?  Talk to me next homestand, maybe then well have a picture.

Until then, the ledge should stored in the very backs of our minds.  Yes, Cleveland will be very good this year, but are they perfect?  absolutely not.  They are exposed to the same risks as the Sox as is every team. 

Its time to show some trust, show some pride, and stay the course.  Let the Cubs fans worry about how were playing, Im just enjoying the ride.

-ZeroHour is a lurker on the SoxTalk message board.  The opinions of ZeroHour are his own pipe-dream optimism and contain generalities that should be taken with a grain of salt.  If you would like to enjoy the first Chicago World Series in 88 years, ZeroHour suggests cutting back on the sports radio.

Great post. Today was my first post also since we won it. I don't understand all this freeking out already. Relax. I'm barely getting into baseball mode. Personally, before last year I was just as bad. But I guess when something I thought would never happen, actually happened, it has definitely made me just want to sit back and relax and just enjoy. I can live off last year for a long time so anything right now is just gravy. Of course I say this four games into the season and I'm sure things will change as the season goes on.

Zero, I beg you, please post more often.