AL Central Central

greasywheels121

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 07:56 PM)
It'd be nice if someone would beat those damn Injuns one of these days. Are they ever going to play someone that can actually hit?

Their pitching is what makes their opponents look like they can't hit. They have got some studs.

Edited by BigSqwert

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the indians look pretty good so far. they are going to hit, there's no doubt there. if they get decent pitching from johnson and byrd, they'll be tough to beat (i'm assuming lee, sabathia and westbrook will be good).

i'll be interested to see how fausto carmona looks when they bring him up to take sabathia's turn in the next week or so. a lot of people out here are really big on him, even more so than sowers which surprises me.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 08:05 PM)
Their pitching is what makes their opponents look like they can't hit.  They have got some  studs.

Not when Jason Johnson throws a shutout. I wouldn't call their guys "studs" either, although Sabathia, Lee, and occasionally Westbrook are above average.

The Twins and Mariners both have below average offenses. It's probably going to take a team out-slugging them right now. They have Detroit and Baltimore coming up on the schedule, so hopefully they'll lose a couple in there.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 09:03 PM)
Indians offense is looking pretty good, but their pitching hasnt been that great.  Lee, Byrd, Sabathia, Cabrera, etc have all been pretty bad IMO.  I dont think they have the shut down pitching to carry them through an offensive slump.

I hope you're right.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 09:03 PM)
Indians offense is looking pretty good, but their pitching hasnt been that great.  Lee, Byrd, Sabathia, Cabrera, etc have all been pretty bad IMO.  I dont think they have the shut down pitching to carry them through an offensive slump.

Barring a turn around from past performances I'd have to agree with you. Lee could be have a break out year, but everyone is still waiting for CC to be consistent and healthy, and Byrd is going to have bad stretches, while Jason Johnson doesn't scare anyone. But with the balance in that lineup, offensive slumps might be short.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 04:04 PM)
Indians aren't as good as most of you seem to think.  That pitching is mediocre at BEST.

I've said that numerous times. They're not exactly the mid-90's Braves. Sabathia, Westbrook, and Lee can be pretty good for stretches, but they don't have anyone that is consistent.