AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

greasywheels121

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The last 2 games have looked like last season, even though the first one was a loss. We would sometimes get losses on pitching gems then, too.

The only downside -- that includes the comatose offense. 5 hits off Scott Elarton, it got the job done today, but we should aim higher than that.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Apr 9, 2006 -> 02:58 PM)
The last 2 games have looked like last season, even though the first one was a loss.  We would sometimes get losses on pitching gems then, too.

The only downside -- that includes the comatose offense.  5 hits off Scott Elarton, it got the job done today, but we should aim higher than that.

Elarton pitched a pretty good game against Texas too, before they went nuts on everyone. Only gave up 2 in that game against a pretty hot team.

BTW, did anybody see Jenks' velocity today? I didn't get a good look at the gun. Is he still at 92-93. I gotta be honest. I don't think he's gonna get to 98-99 at all. :lolhitting

Very nice game today.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 9, 2006 -> 03:37 PM)
Elarton pitched a pretty good game against Texas too, before they went nuts on everyone. Only gave up 2 in that game against a pretty hot team.

BTW, did anybody see Jenks' velocity today? I didn't get a good look at the gun. Is he still at 92-93. I gotta be honest. I don't think he's gonna get to 98-99 at all.  :lolhitting

Very nice game today.

He hit 99 today

The defense looked really sharp today, especially Joe Crede (is that guy Brooks Robinson and Craig Nettles all rolled in to one?)

I feel the Sox got a couple breaks today on defense. Tony Graffanino's single in the 6th where he tried stretching it in to a double and he was called out. He sure looked SAFE to me on the play.

And the second time when Grudzielanek grounded into a FC and Uribe narrowly nipped Graffanino at 2B on a bang bang play on a slowly hit ball. That call could've gone either way.

Anyhow, I'll take the long awaited "W" . Man it was a rough week waiting for the 2nd win to come along. Like a previous poster said, the Sox were just two clutch hits away from being 4-2 instead of 2-4.

On to Det. Tough game tomorrow, facing Jeremy Bonderman. Should be a really close game tomorrow in Motown.

QUOTE(Wsoxmike59 @ Apr 9, 2006 -> 05:49 PM)
I feel the Sox got a couple breaks today on defense.  Tony Graffanino's single in the 6th where he tried stretching it in to a double and he was called out.  He sure looked SAFE to me on the play.

Yea, he was safe there.. barely, but he was safe.

And the second time when Grudzielanek grounded into a FC and Uribe narrowly nipped Graffanino at 2B on a bang bang play on a slowly hit ball.  That call could've gone either way.

When CSN came back from commercial, they showed it in slow motion. Iguchi stepped on the base before Graff ever hit it, so it was the right call. However, if Graff had slid normally, rather than with his legs up, he likely would have been safe.

BTW, did anybody see Jenks' velocity today? I didn't get a good look at the gun. Is he still at 92-93. I gotta be honest. I don't think he's gonna get to 98-99 at all.  :lolhitting

Very nice game today.

Singleton said that the stadium gun was showing 97 MPH which he said was fast. He said that Jenks was probably throwing around 95 MPH.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 9, 2006 -> 04:37 PM)

Fastball was consistantly in the high 90's topping out at 99 a few times, slider in the low 90's, curve around 85 but is still having problems throwing it for a strike.

Also Hawk said Bobby was throwing 100+ in the pen the past few days.

Fastball was consistantly in the high 90's topping out at 99 a few times, slider in the low 90's, curve around 85 but is still having problems throwing it for a strike.

Also Hawk said Bobby was throwing 100+ in the pen the past few days.

Sounds good. Hopefully, Singleton was just talking out of his ass. He still has control issues like you said.

Great job Buehrle and the rest of the sox!!

Now it's time for Pods and our timely hitting offense to wake up and for Freddy to shake off that last start. Oh and time for our bullpen to hold it down for us from here on out...

This first game vs detroit is a big one. Winning the first or two games against these guys can get us rolling.

:gosox1: :headbang