Manuel

Soxfest

I think JM will be let go Friday-Sunday, reason why, 99% of media are talking about Cubs/Yankees and with Sox in LA, it would be just a bleep on the screen, this is typical JR fashion only thing to prevent this is KW scared with the manager fired his ASS is on the clock. :huh:

Guest hotsoxchick1

jm will not be going anywhere till after the season, if at all.....dont go filling his bench spot just yet......... ;)

I went into last nights game thinking the Sox might make a move with Manuel this week. But, I saw KW shown at the Az. game and really no mention of a move except KW saying he wouldn't panic. It's one of those things you really struggle with... on one hand after 50 games you think enough is enough, but on the other... you want to support what KW says becasue in a way he is right and you don't want to panic and start dumping people. However, the statements made about we still have time are kind of hollow when you think we have gone through this and have heard the same things for 3 years now. All I know is that this is becoming real frustrating.

jm will not be going anywhere till after the season, if at all.....dont go filling his bench spot just yet......... ;)

I really actually feel bad for Jerry. It looks to me as if he's lost about 20 lbs, you can really tell the man is stressed.

CWSOX45

Do you think there is a chance he may resign?

I don't think Manuel's a quitter. He'll stay and keep trying hard to be positive. I agree that he sure looked stressed last night. There just doesn't seem to be anything that will work with our offensive problems and that's what this team was built on was that ability to bash-em.

I think JM will be let go Friday-Sunday, reason why, 99% of media are talking about Cubs/Yankees and with Sox in LA, it would be just a bleep on the screen, this is typical JR fashion only thing to prevent this is KW scared with the manager fired his ASS is on the clock. :huh:

This raises an interesting question - IF JM were to get fired, do you think that the sox would be better off having it be noticed, or be a "blip on the screen"?

Personally, I want it to be the ONLY Chicago sports news item of the day. I want them to send a message to the players saying, NOW it's on you. You've gotten hitting coaches fired, pitching coaches fired, and NOW a manager fired. There's no one left to blame but YOU. Which is not true, of course ( KW and JR ) but the message will come out that way.

What do you think?

Personally, I want it to be the ONLY Chicago sports news item of the day. I want them to send a message to the players saying, NOW it's on you. You've gotten hitting coaches fired, pitching coaches fired, and NOW a manager fired. There's no one left to blame but YOU. Which is not true, of course ( KW and JR ) but the message will come out that way.

I think that would be the best too. It seems like our guys always need somethign to motivate them other than winning :bang

I started this thread Tuesday and feel almost 100% Jm is going to go this weekend for reasons in my original post :headbang

Yes, it might happen, but I don't think so. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Interesting to see what the take is when watching Hawk and DJ on WGN Saturday night.

I was on the fire JM and KW bandwagon last month, now I 'm not so sure. These players are idiots. Can't run, can't cover a base, errors, etc.

I don't think firing him is going to make a damn bit of difference.

I was on the fire JM and KW bandwagon last month, now I 'm not so sure. These players are idiots. Can't run, can't cover a base, errors, etc.

I don't think firing him is going to make a damn bit of difference.

Haven't been able to do that for Manuel's entire 6-year tenure...