Cubs Protest

RockRaines

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ May 8, 2006 -> 05:18 PM)
very creative, but the sox don't need to even mention that other team....

Unfortunately the Sox already have a rule about not throwing baseballs back, which seems to be a knock at the Cubs so I guess it's too late.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 8, 2006 -> 08:37 PM)
As long as they keep on filling up the urinal and swilling their overpriced beer nothing will ever change on the north side.

It won't matter if they stop showing up, the Cubs will just spend less money and be able to blame a lack of fan support for their sucking. The team will still be profitable. The thing is, the Tribune Company is in bad shape and it would be easier to sell a popular Cubs franchise rather than one that isn't drawing fans and has people protesting, IMO. They need Montreal Expos attendance to make any difference, and that will never happen.

Oh well, screw them.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ May 8, 2006 -> 08:27 PM)
It's getting uglier and uglier for those bums.  They're already down 6-1 in the 4th with Cy-Maddux on the mound.

Make that 7-1.

You know, I really don't like having to enjoy it when Maddux loses. Why couldn't he have signed with someone I don't mind?

Better yet if they keep protesting and some how by a miracle they get the tribune to sell. I hope that the Cub fans cause their own demise. I hope that Reinsdorf buys the team or someone wanting to move the Cubs to another city does. That will be the icing on the cake.

Edited by WinningUgly85

Ok so I found out what they are doing. It will take place on May 27th at 11:30AM outside of wrigley. I just looked and thats a Day game against the Braves at 12:20PM. This is a waste of time because they will probably march for about an hour then go to the game, get hammered then pretend nothing happend.

Edited by WinningUgly85

QUOTE(WinningUgly85 @ May 8, 2006 -> 10:47 PM)
Better yet if they keep protesting and some how by a miracle they get the tribune to sell. I hope that the Cub fans cause their own demise.  I hope that Reinsdorf buys the team or someone wanting to move the Cubs to another city does. That will be the icing on the cake.

egads, what would make you want something like that?

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 9, 2006 -> 07:40 AM)
egads, what would make you want something like that?

I really don't know why. I guess I was thinking if by a miracle Reinsdorf would purchase the cubs and sell them off to someone to move the team.

QUOTE(WinningUgly85 @ May 9, 2006 -> 08:43 AM)
I really don't know why.  I guess I was thinking if by a miracle Reinsdorf would purchase the cubs and sell them off to someone to move the team.

LOL, if it were only that easy to buy and sell teams. If that could be done, I think Steinbrenner would have moved the Red Sox to Alaska by now

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 8, 2006 -> 10:49 PM)
What about the us vs. them ads?

Further proof that the Sox enjoy mentioning the Cubs in advertisement. Of course it made sense at the time, but I agree with Jimbo that it would be nice if that stuff doesn't continue.

Better yet if they keep protesting and some how by a miracle they get the tribune to sell. I hope that the Cub fans cause their own demise.  I hope that Reinsdorf buys the team or someone wanting to move the Cubs to another city does. That will be the icing on the cake.

You do realize he'd have to sell his shares of the Sox before he could do that

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 8, 2006 -> 08:37 PM)
It may be pathetic but whats more pathetic is these "fans" thinking that anythings going to change.  As long as they keep on filling up the urinal and swilling their overpriced beer nothing will ever change on the north side.

If they did that, well they would be White Sox fans then wouldn't they? The Tribune company has shareholders to answer to, and they want to see a profit every year. Nothing is going to change that.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 9, 2006 -> 10:08 AM)
BTW - Does anyone have a source on this?

email the yahoo address I gave at the beginning of the thread. Let us know what he says.

And try not to be derogatory.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 10, 2006 -> 01:40 PM)
No. I just want to know about this. If I decide to go, I can easily pose as a Cubs fan. My brother likes the Cubs and he could loan me a shirt for one day.

However, make sure that you burn your clothes, gargle mouthwash, plunger your mouth and cry in the shower afterwards.

Edited by knightni

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 10, 2006 -> 12:40 PM)
No. I just want to know about this. If I decide to go, I can easily pose as a Cubs fan. My brother likes the Cubs and he could loan me a shirt for one day.

f*** it, I will go as a white sox fan. Gloating is just as fun.