Sox vs Angels Game Thread

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think it's nice that Anderson has decided to pick up Rowand's slack for weak foul balls to the right side. Those fans probably were sad when Rowand left....but have no fear, our minor leaguer was ready to come up and do his thing.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 11, 2006 -> 01:00 AM)
Well, Fathom, it was a fastball to Uribe. :P

Huh? It was a 2-2 pitch though.

Nice inning.

I love our offense a lot, but we have the worst 8-9 combo in the league. You'll probably say Im going insane and psycho, but seriously, if we don't get our runners in by the 7th batter, they are good as LOB.

I'm forced to listen to him now that Rooney is gone. Sometimes I'd rather watch the game in silence.

:lol:

And as bad as Hawk is, I can still stomach him before ever daring to listen to the soothing sounds of Singleton.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 11, 2006 -> 01:00 AM)
Ervin Santana gave up 6 runs on 8 hits in his ML debut.

Yep, he gave up the cycle in the first inning. Of course, he was facing the Indians.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 11, 2006 -> 01:01 AM)

And as bad as Hawk is, I'd can still stomach him before ever daring to listen to the soothing sounds of Singleton.

I had never had the pleasure of listening to Singleton do PBP until last Friday night. It was absolutely amazing. He does a hell of an impression of the color analyst from Major League.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 10, 2006 -> 08:01 PM)

And as bad as Hawk is, I can still stomach him before ever daring to listen to the soothing sounds of Singleton.

I just listened to some of the Score game call while throwing out the trash.

They were calling him "Hagar" and talking about obeying speed limits.

I don't mind Hawk at all after that.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 10, 2006 -> 05:53 PM)
So you're saying he would have maintained a sub 1 ERA had we not called him up?

No.

It's inevitable his ERA would have risen regardless of this evenings performance. Just so happens when the event occurs, people will point to this walk-a-thon as the moment he began regressing.

Balta (i'm too lazy to go back and quote you, so I'll answer your question here), I wouldn't have had a problem if he lasted 6 innings giving up 4 runs. His walks totals are atrocious. That's something which I know our organization won't tolerate. Passed balls will happen. Hits will happen.

Now with a 4 run lead Haeger decides to pitch within the strikezone.....

Edited by Flash Tizzle