Sox fan in need of help

Gldfinger5

Fellow Sox Fans

I'm going to to the Sox / Cubs game on sunday with a couple friends of mine who are cub fans. They were two people who bought season tickets just to scalp the World Series tickets. Obviously with them being Cub fans, they were not planning on using the season tickets. They told me I could pick out the games I wanted at no cost with one stipulation: I have to wear a cubs shirt and hat they provide me throughout this sunday's game. I can't doctor the outfit in any way either. Thought about it and decided to go with it, figuring I'd find a way to have fun with it. I picked out several games and now the day I'm dreading is approaching.

I wanted to get some ideas/opinions from you guys on how I can turn the table on them. Let me know your ideas. Thanks!!

:gosox3: :gosox3:

Edited by Gldfinger5

QUOTE(Gldfinger5 @ May 19, 2006 -> 01:34 PM)
Fellow Sox Fans

I'm going to to the Sox / Cubs game on sunday with a couple friends of mine who are cub fans. They were two people who bought season tickets just to scalp the World Series tickets. Obviously with them being Cub fans, they were not planning on using the season tickets. They told me I could pick out the games I wanted at no cost with one stipulation: I have to work a cubs shirt and hat they provide me for this sunday's game. Thought about it and decided to go with it, figuring I'd find a way to have fun with it. I picked out several games and now the day I'm dreading is approaching.

I wanted to get some ideas/opinions from you guys on how I can turn the table on them. Let me know your ideas. Thanks!!

Murder your friends and go to the game with your Sox gear.

Don't put it on. The Cub logo will bleed into your heart and even after you're done wearing it and claim to be a Sox fan, you'll suddenly blame losses on curses, injuries, day games, night games. You will think that just because someone strikes out 20 batters in one game they should have a free pass to Cooperstown. You will think ivy and pissing in the sink is what baseball is all about. You pay for season tickets even when you know your team has no chance of winning 80 games. You will take a perfectly good baseball and throw it back.

Fellow Sox Fans

I'm going to to the Sox / Cubs game on sunday with a couple friends of mine who are cub fans. They were two people who bought season tickets just to scalp the World Series tickets. Obviously with them being Cub fans, they were not planning on using the season tickets. They told me I could pick out the games I wanted at no cost with one stipulation: I have to wear a cubs shirt and hat they provide me throughout this sunday's game. I can't doctor the outfit in any way either. Thought about it and decided to go with it, figuring I'd find a way to have fun with it. I picked out several games and now the day I'm dreading is approaching.

Man, talk about a catch 22!!! Since you can't doctor the clothes, maybe you can bring a sign saying, "Don't shoot me, I'm really a Sox fan who was bribed for Sox Season Tickets"

It's going to be painful when your fellow bretheren (Us Sox fans) start yelling at you if you don't make it obvious you're one of them.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 19, 2006 -> 02:31 PM)
Why not bring a sign that says something.

Such as: I just wanted to see what it felt like to be a loser.

Or bring a sign that says "I hope our team gets full blown AIDS". All the papers will write about how messed up Cubs fans are.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ May 19, 2006 -> 02:39 PM)
Wear a sox hat/shirt over it.

As this poster's legal counsel, I think that would constitute "doctoring" the shirt, although there may be a Court Circuit split on the issue.

:D

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ May 19, 2006 -> 02:42 PM)
Uh-uh - the shirt and hat are not tampered with, just covered up :D

lol...I like the way you think. Were I not a mere lowly summer associate at my firm, I'd hire you on the spot!

I used to wear a Cubs shirt to my baseball practice. I used to tell people, "I'm wearing this because this shirt's not worthy of staying clean."

Dirty up the clothes pretending to slip somewhere?

Or just be a good boy and wear it like you said you would without any gimmicks.

QUOTE(Beltin @ May 19, 2006 -> 07:50 PM)
So what you are saying is you have two Cubs fan sugar daddies? You couldn't have just bought your own season tickets, could you? I am not sure many Sox fans are going to be sympathetic to your cause.

I didn't want to shell out several thousand dollars for a pair of season tickets. They offered me to pick all of the games I wanted to go to with that stipulation. Are you saying you wouldn't do that?

Fellow Sox Fans

And your gonna wear a cub shirt because they told you, I wouldnt regardless of what friends say.

BTW nice avy ;)

no offense but I hate your friends for what they did with world series tickets

I'd have given a lung and a kidney to go to a game, and they just bought tickets and sold them (I tried the season ticket promotion but got in too late)

I wouldn't give in to their demand, make them stuck with what they have

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ May 19, 2006 -> 11:09 PM)
no offense but I hate your friends for what they did with world series tickets

I'd have given a lung and a kidney to go to a game, and they just bought tickets and sold them (I tried the season ticket promotion but got in too late)

I wouldn't give in to their demand, make them stuck with what they have

Told them repeatedly how shady they were being. Had tickets from them to Game 6 though, but obviously that wasn't necessary.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 19, 2006 -> 07:31 PM)
Why not bring a sign that says something.

Such as: I just wanted to see what it felt like to be a loser.

I love that idea.......

I have an old picture of me when i was like 3 or 4 that my brother always brings out cause i have a cubs shirt on.....so basically don't let yourself be photographed in that crap or it will haunt you the rest of your life...