Remeber the May Days

whitesoxfan101

vs. KC (Jenks blown save)

at TB (Vasquez left in too long)

vs. Flubs (Uribe f*** up)

Games like these are games we won last year, and were why we clinched the division at Detroit instead of heading to Cleveland tied for first or down a couple games. If we lose this division and/or don't make the playoffs, these types of games are the reason why. You can't blow 3 games, ESPECIALLY against s*** teams with late leads. I hope I won't have to bump this thread in 4 months.

Did you expect Jenks to go 50 for 50 in save opps? I certainly didn't. That's unheard of. Vazquez being left in too long, meh, that's questionable stuff Ozzie has always done. Uribe "f***ing up" was the result of Cedeno sliding into 2B the right way. I blame today's loss(if I had to) more on Count being taken out and Count being taken out for Cotts at that.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 22, 2006 -> 12:04 AM)
Did you expect Jenks to go 50 for 50 in save opps? I certainly didn't. That's unheard of. Vazquez being left in too long, meh, that's questionable stuff Ozzie has always done. Uribe "f***ing up" was the result of Cedeno sliding into 2B the right way. I blame today's loss(if I had to) more on Count being taken out and Count being taken out for Cotts at that.

Ozzie admitted he blew this game. With 2 outs why have Cotts pitch to Barret? Why not have Jenks your closer to get the most important out of the game at the time??????

Guest JimH
Ozzie admitted he blew this game. With 2 outs why have Cotts pitch to Barret? Why not have Jenks your closer to get the most important out of the game at the time??????

Really, did he say that in his postgame remarks? I didn't hear them ... thanks.

Edit, never mind, I saw it on the main site that Guillen second guessed himself by not putting in Politte to face Barrett.

Edited by JimH

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 22, 2006 -> 12:00 AM)
vs. KC (Jenks blown save)

at TB (Vasquez left in too long)

Games like these are games we won last year, and were why we clinched the division at Detroit instead of heading to Cleveland tied for first or down a couple games. If we lose this division and/or don't make the playoffs, these types of games are the reason why. You can't blow 3 games, ESPECIALLY against s*** teams with late leads. I hope I won't have to bump this thread in 4 months.

Umm....I agree that it sucks we've lost these games, but we had our fair share of pathetic losses last year also. We blew quite a few big leads vs the Royals late last year. We also lost a few bad games at Tampa. The one thing I beg of Ozzie is to unleash Jenks! Stop treating him with kid gloves....our bullpen's not good enough without him (especially in situations where you need a K).

QUOTE(fathom @ May 21, 2006 -> 07:49 PM)
Umm....I agree that it sucks we've lost these games, but we had our fair share of pathetic losses last year also. We blew quite a few big leads vs the Royals late last year. We also lost a few bad games at Tampa. The one thing I beg of Ozzie is to unleash Jenks! Stop treating him with kid gloves....our bullpen's not good enough without him (especially in situations where you need a K).

But our bullpen is nothing if Jenks hurts himself from overuse.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 21, 2006 -> 06:04 PM)

Cedeno's slide?

no way, uribe just plain made a bad throw. the play wasnt close at second, uribe was a step off the bag when he made the throw.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 21, 2006 -> 07:00 PM)

You mean Paul f*** up.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ May 21, 2006 -> 09:21 PM)
Cedeno's slide?

no way, uribe just plain made a bad throw. the play wasnt close at second, uribe was a step off the bag when he made the throw.

No way was that a "bad" throw. It was within inches and if Paul had put some effort into going another inch to his right he would have had it and the inning would have been over.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 22, 2006 -> 07:39 PM)
You mean Paul f*** up.

It wasn't a great stretch by PK, but that was an AWFUL throw by Uribe. He had a lot of time to make the throw, and he didn't compensate for the fact he was on the outside part of the base. Instead, he just threw it straight, and it tied up PK.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 22, 2006 -> 02:42 PM)
It wasn't a great stretch by PK, but that was an AWFUL throw by Uribe. He had a lot of time to make the throw, and he didn't compensate for the fact he was on the outside part of the base. Instead, he just threw it straight, and it tied up PK.

Wasn't "great"...? It wasn't anything. He did not move.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 22, 2006 -> 07:43 PM)
Wasn't "great"...? It wasn't anything. He did not move.

Yeah, I still don't understand what happened with the infield defense yesterday. It was just a matter of time before having to get 4 outs in an inning hurt us.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 22, 2006 -> 02:42 PM)
You mean Paul f*** up.

No way was that a "bad" throw. It was within inches and if Paul had put some effort into going another inch to his right he would have had it and the inning would have been over.

I gotta go with Fathom here...That was Juan's bad, not PK's.

Our fate in the Central is going to come down to how we play against Detroit, Cleveland and Minnesota.

Against the central:

Detroit: 16-7 (0-3 vs. Sox) (5-2 vs. Cle) (7-2 vs. Minny) (4-0 vs. KC)

Sox: 16-8 (3-0 vs. Det) (2-3 vs. Cle) (5-2 vs. Minny) (6-3 vs. KC)

Cleveland: 12-12 (2-5 vs. Det) (3-2 vs. Sox) (3-0 vs. Min) (4-5 vs. KC)

Minny: 7-17 (2-7 vs. Det) (2-5 vs. Sox) (0-3 vs. Cle) (3-2 vs. KC)

KC: 10-17 (0-4 vs. Det) (3-6 vs. Sox) (5-4 vs. Cle) (2-3 vs. Min)

Minnesota sucks in division. Cleveland has blown it agains Detroit and KC. The Sox aren't far away from having a winning record away from everyone in the Central. Detroit's going to have to take the division away from the Sox. It's not just there for the taking.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 22, 2006 -> 03:04 PM)
Going with him before or after I pointed out that Paul didn't move...? :rolly

Well, I thought that Paul at least reached out with his glove. I thought that Uribe's off-line

throw was the bigger issue.

As Ron Burgundy said, "Agree to Disagree"

:P

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ May 22, 2006 -> 02:24 PM)
what's amazing is the white sox team from last year did not blow a single game when they had the lead.

They also never lost a game they "should have won" or won a game they "should have lost".

It's also a shame that the Sox have no more games against Detroit - they have NO CHANCE of making up that 1 game now.....

QUOTE(NYSox35 @ May 22, 2006 -> 03:12 PM)
Well, I thought that Paul at least reached out with his glove. I thought that Uribe's off-line

throw was the bigger issue.

You might want to watch it again before marrying that stance. He didn't move.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 22, 2006 -> 03:17 PM)
You might want to watch it again before marrying that stance. He didn't move.

Ok, I will take your word for it. I caught the last 3 innings in a sports bar in Manhattan

and admittedly was a little buzzed :drink