2006 White Sox Catch-All Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Nov 21, 2006 -> 05:52 PM)
A Cub fan and I were talking earlier today and he said, "Buehrle hasn't been the same since he got cheated on by his wife." My friend Rashawn, a Cub fan went, "What?!" and I said, "Uh, I don't think that happened or that, if it did, you'd know about it."

Then he told me how much better the Cubs were going to be next year and that Soriano would take them all the way.

It was the weirdest conversation.

Well what do you expect from a Flub fan. I think he was confusing MB for Sandburg. Next time ask him what Grace thought of Sandburgs wife.

QUOTE(R.Sweeney @ Nov 21, 2006 -> 06:44 PM)
Well what do you expect from a Flub fan. I think he was confusing MB for Sandburg. Next time ask him what Grace thought of Sandburgs wife.

Ha, that's a little before my time.

I suppose Mark Grace was sleeping with Ryne Sandburg's wife? Where d'you know this from -- the papers, a book?

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Nov 21, 2006 -> 07:02 PM)
Ha, that's a little before my time.

I suppose Mark Grace was sleeping with Ryne Sandburg's wife? Where d'you know this from -- the papers, a book?

Thers various rumors about it. Im sure theres people on here that have more insight to the matter. I believe this happened in the late 80's and it was rumored that Grace and possibley more of Sandburgs team-mates had a good time with Rynos wife. I was at the first regular season game played at the cell between the Sox and Flubs and there was alot of us Sox fans yelling at Ryno asking him if we could have a piece of his wife too. I do know this; he did get divorced shortly after these rumors surfaced so Im positive theres something to it. Any help on this matter from fellow Sox fans would be greatly and humorusly appreciated, at Ryno's expense of course.

Sorry I forgot to answer the question. Yes there was some good reading in the papers about it.

Wasn't there a story about Royce Clayton and Frank Thomas' wife?

I wonder how often this kind of thing happens...

Oh, and it's a little old, but...

http://soxmachine.com/blogs/soxmachine/arc...11/16/2010.aspx

and this one, which is a little more relevant today: http://soxmachine.com/blogs/soxmachine/articles/1967.aspx

Good stuff.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Nov 21, 2006 -> 07:49 PM)
Wasn't there a story about Royce Clayton and Frank Thomas' wife?

I wonder how often this kind of thing happens...

Oh, and it's a little old, but...

http://soxmachine.com/blogs/soxmachine/arc...11/16/2010.aspx

and this one, which is a little more relevant today: http://soxmachine.com/blogs/soxmachine/articles/1967.aspx

Good stuff.

I never heard anything about Clayton and Thomas' wife but who knows. I will say this, if Clayton did Franks wife he should buy lotto tickets cuz hes lucky to be alive.

QUOTE(R.Sweeney @ Nov 21, 2006 -> 08:18 PM)
Thers various rumors about it. Im sure theres people on here that have more insight to the matter. I believe this happened in the late 80's and it was rumored that Grace and possibley more of Sandburgs team-mates had a good time with Rynos wife. I was at the first regular season game played at the cell between the Sox and Flubs and there was alot of us Sox fans yelling at Ryno asking him if we could have a piece of his wife too. I do know this; he did get divorced shortly after these rumors surfaced so Im positive theres something to it. Any help on this matter from fellow Sox fans would be greatly and humorusly appreciated, at Ryno's expense of course.

Sorry I forgot to answer the question. Yes there was some good reading in the papers about it.

Yeah, that sounds really classy. Mocking a guy because his wife cheated on him.

I can't wait to yell things at Mariano Rivera about his nephew getting electrocuted.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Nov 22, 2006 -> 02:50 PM)
Yeah, that sounds really classy. Mocking a guy because his wife cheated on him.

I can't wait to yell things at Mariano Rivera about his nephew getting electrocuted.

Well what can I say, I guess Im a classy guy. Who knew?

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Nov 24, 2006 -> 11:07 PM)
Found out today that Vazquez, from the Cotts trade, served a steroid suspension in 05. Lovely! :)

Also: Jeremy Reed looks more and more like Brian Anderson to me each day.

Reed will never be that sexy.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Nov 25, 2006 -> 03:06 PM)
I'm sure he can hit .260.

I'm also sure he won't hit for any power and he still won't be able to hit a breaking pitch.

Half our team can't hit a breaking pitch. What's the point? As far as the power, I'm sure the last thing he was trying to do when he was bringing his average back up was to swing for the fences. We saw him start to hit doubles though, which was a step in the right direction.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Nov 25, 2006 -> 03:06 PM)
I'm sure he can hit .260.

I'm also sure he won't hit for any power and he still won't be able to hit a breaking pitch.

Sounds like a certain former White Sox centerfielder who's still remembered as an iconic figure despite posting a .736 OPS in his final year with the team.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Nov 25, 2006 -> 03:10 PM)
Sounds like a certain former White Sox centerfielder who's still remembered as an iconic figure despite posting a .736 OPS in his final year with the team.

It's grinderball, motherf***er. :fight

Nobody on our team is as bad as BA at hitting breaking pitches. Hell, he has a weird little habit when a curveball comes in where he leans backward and thrusts his crotch over the plate.

Ooooh, Rowand.

I'd take a rookie Ryan Sweeney over either of them.