2006 White Sox Catch-All Thread

QUOTE(greg775 @ Dec 24, 2006 -> 08:28 AM)
Merry Christmas to all.

I was going to start a new thread but figured I wouldn't.

Does it anger you when people say Merry Christmas over Happy Holiday?

I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and if it's your relgion Happy Hannukah as well!

its still merry christmas, even non christians say merry christmas

my best friend is jewish and he still uses merry christmas.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite grateful for Kenny Williams' reign as General Manager and for Ozzie's stewardship of the team, too. This franchise might just have been the absolute most piss-poor franchise in baseball from 1919 to the late 1990s and it's certainly up there. Right now, Kenny is dealing to ensure the long-term success of the White Sox organization, and while I'm not entirely pleased with our direction -- I still think it's silly to refuse to go past 3 years with a pitcher, as I believe a five year contract is justifiable for some pitchers like, oh, Buehrle or Oswalt, as it was in Houston -- or our scouting -- please, no more "safe picks" and more Latin scouts plz -- but I must say, I'm glad for Kenny's time whether he succeeds or fails.

Was just kind of thinking about it earlier.

See Cubs, Giants, Indians, Phillies, Pirates, Red Sox...

Pittsburgh had a damn fine run in the early 1990s and late 1970s. Red Sox have had several decades of quality play and quality players -- they just didn't go all the way, but they'd go quite far. The Giants were a far better franchise than ours which leaves the Phillies, Indians and Cubs -- and justifies my statement that our franchise was one of the worst and "certainly up there."

White Sox shortstop Juan Uribe has been summoned to appear Tuesday in a Dominican Republic court in connection with the shooting of a farmer in October.

Those familiar with the case believe this is basically an appeal from attorneys for Antonio Gonzalez Perez, who reportedly was arguing with Uribe before the farmer was shot. They have asked that Uribe be barred from leaving the country during the probe.

District Atty. Robert Lugo had said previously prosecutors had seen no proof that Uribe was involved with the shooting. Until all the appeals are heard and denied, the case cannot be closed.

Link.