2006 White Sox Catch-All Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard an brief interview with KW from Bruce Levine on ESPN1000....

Kenny was asked whether there would be a long-term deal for Joe Crede in the off-season. He said that the issues regarding Crede's back have been overblown by people (including myself, though, he in no way mentioned me ;)) but that he didn't expect a deal to be reached "and that has everything to do with his representation." He said the Sox and Boras have different views on the value of players and he doesn't expect that to change anytime soon.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 06:12 PM)

Kenny was asked whether there would be a long-term deal for Joe Crede in the off-season. He said that the issues regarding Crede's back have been overblown by people (including myself, though, he in no way mentioned me ;)) but that he didn't expect a deal to be reached "and that has everything to do with his representation." He said the Sox and Boras have different views on the value of players and he doesn't expect that to change anytime soon.

Well if Crede want to stay in Chicago then he's gonna have to step in and remind Boras that he works for Crede . I guess we'll find out just how bad Joe wants to stay .

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 08:41 PM)
I hate Scott Boras.

I would be disappointed to lose Crede because he is genuinely too expensive for us, but if we lose him because of Boras that will be bulls***.

Crede needs to f***ing drop Boras like Uribe did or step in himself for the negotiations with the sox.

I dont want to lose Crede but Crede needs to make a decision if he wants to stay. The sox will definitely pay him but he need to lose Boras.

Isn't that illogical? If another team does pay what Boras sees as the player's value doesn't that mean his (Boras) assesment was right all along? To sign a potential FA early you need to match the upside of the player's percieved open market value or it doesn't make any sense for the player to sign. I think this is true no matter who the agent is.

Translation... Don't be surprised to see Joe Crede go to somewhere else in a blockbuster type deal.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 15, 2006 -> 08:19 AM)
Translation... Don't be surprised to see Joe Crede go to somewhere else in a blockbuster type deal.

I got to thinking about it a little more... teams that could be interested might be Anaheim, Giants, Philly, Houston, Cincy, and San Diego... Just guesses. Another wild card I could still see happening is the Arod-Crede/SP deal.

Ah, let the Joe Crede speculation BEGIN!

http://www.topix.net/content/trb/031364364...087022465750673

Some questions and answers on what lies ahead for the Angels this off-season: Question: Will Chone Figgins be an everyday player in 2007? What position will he play?

Answer: Figgins' future in Anaheim, which looked so bright after 2005 but dimmed considerably in 2006, will be determined by what moves the Angels make or don't make this winter. If they sign free-agent center fielder Gary Matthews Jr., or trade for Toronto center fielder Vernon Wells, Figgins would move to third base, or, possibly, to the utility role he starred in during 2005. The signing of free-agent slugger Alfonso Soriano, considered by some scouts to have strong center-field potential, also could force a return to the infield for Figgins. There has been speculation of a trade that would send Figgins to the Chicago White Sox for third baseman Joe Crede, and if the Angels added a starting pitcher, such as Barry Zito, through free agency, they probably would look to use Figgins, along with one of their young pitchers, in a deal for a power bat. Figgins, who last season had run-ins with teammates and Manager Mike Scioscia, who questioned his effort, also could be traded for bullpen help. A straight-up swap with the San Diego Padres - Figgins for reliever Scott Linebrink - is possible.

Moving Crede is not a horrendous idea...but moving Crede for something as little as Figgins is.

With the Talent the Halos have, Figgins, one of their failing prospects (Kotchman, McPherson), and one of their solid prospects (Santana, Wood, Kendrick) would placate me for Crede.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Nov 15, 2006 -> 12:34 PM)
How about Crede and Cotts, they are looking for relievers.

I think if we gave them two established major leaguers, the price of their prospect goes up as well. Instead of a lower level pitcher, you take a look at one of their SP prospects on the cusp of the majors... maybe somebody like Chris Bootcheck.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 15, 2006 -> 01:30 PM)
I'm thinking a deal that goes something like Figgins/McPhearson/lowminorSP-Crede/Broadway could be of interest to both teams.

Isn't that a crappy package for the sox considering Crede's ability and Broadway? I sure as hell would expect more/ different guys for the guys were giving up.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Nov 15, 2006 -> 09:34 PM)
Isn't that a crappy package for the sox considering Crede's ability and Broadway? I sure as hell would expect more/ different guys for the guys were giving up.

That would be an absolutely horrendous trade. If KW did that trade, he should be fired instantly. I wouldn't even trade Broadway straight up for Chone.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Nov 15, 2006 -> 01:34 PM)

All that depends on who the "Low Minors SP" actually is. The Halos have a couple of potentially very good SP's floating around in their low minor leagues after drafting a lot of pitching the last couple years.

But even still, yeah, that's certainly not a great package for Crede + Broadway

Rotoworld:

The Rays asked the Phillies about a Rocco Baldelli-for-Cole Hamels swap and were quickly turned down.

Baldelli doesn't make as much sense for the Phillies anyway, as they don't need him as a center fielder. However, there will be plenty of interest in him if he's available. The Rays could potentially get Josh Johnson or Scott Olsen and additional young pitching from the Marlins or Ervin Santana from the Angels. Less likely possibilities would include Chad Billingsley of the Dodgers and Brandon McCarthy of the White Sox.

i saw it at barnes and nobles a few weeks ago. I looked through it, it didn't look all that special to me. Had little recaps from each season and then a few special sections.

Not to mention, pods is on the cover, wtf?

A Cub fan and I were talking earlier today and he said, "Buehrle hasn't been the same since he got cheated on by his wife." My friend Rashawn, a Cub fan went, "What?!" and I said, "Uh, I don't think that happened or that, if it did, you'd know about it."

Then he told me how much better the Cubs were going to be next year and that Soriano would take them all the way.

It was the weirdest conversation.