2006 White Sox Catch-All Thread

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Nov 25, 2006 -> 03:13 PM)
Nobody on our team is as bad as BA at hitting breaking pitches. Hell, he has a weird little habit when a curveball comes in where he leans backward and thrusts his crotch over the plate.

A ton of young hitters have a hard time hitting a breaking ball, it's just a hard pitch to adjust to. He might never be great at hitting one but give him some time. One year does not a career make(unless you're Sarge Jr. ;) )

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 06:26 PM)
This offseason really f***ing sucks.

Our inactivity sucks, but no way in hell I want the Sox throwing money around like other teams are and at those specific players. Way out of control.

I'm sure we'll see some trades in Dec or Jan.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Nov 25, 2006 -> 03:13 PM)
Nobody on our team is as bad as BA at hitting breaking pitches. Hell, he has a weird little habit when a curveball comes in where he leans backward and thrusts his crotch over the plate.

Ooooh, Rowand.

I'd take a rookie Ryan Sweeney over either of them.

What????

Everyone of our hitters, especially our young right handed hitters have issues with low and away breaking pitches. I have b****ed about this for years on this site, I think its more with instruction and reliance on trying to hit the longball than personnel.

I mean come on...lets rewind a bit.

Rewind your mind to Joe Crede coming up, in fact pre-August 2005 he was clinically exposed on the low and away slider.

Uribe cannot hit a breaking pitch to save his life. In fact bounce it in. He has a wierd little habit also, his front foot points towards the third baseman, and he starts a tornadic, hypersonic spin, which ends with the ball bouncing in, and Uribe nearly in the splits.

Rowand, your lord and savior, couldnt hit a slider if you told him it was coming. In fact your lord and savior hit below 250 for the last 2 months of 2005 season. If you had 2 strikes on him, throw the slider in the left handed box and watch him chase.

Brian reminds me of Joe Crede with his swing. Its very long and loopy right now. He needs to shorten it up and center the ball up more. Right now he is trying to get too much extension on the ball, and is trying to do too much with it. In a few years this kid will be a good major league hitter, with excellent defense.

Edited by southsideirish71

Not sure where to post this so I'll go with here. Basically anyone experience with ordering a jersey on grandstand's website...

1. It lists sizes as 40, 44, 48, etc...do these correspond to Med., L, XL, etc.?

2. In the box where it says "Name & Number:" is there any specific format necessary or can I just put: McCARTHY 55 ?

Thanks in advance.

Here's an Ozzie Guillen quote from Chris De Luca's column:

''There is a big difference between Sox fans and Cubs fans,'' Guillen said. ''The Sox fans, if you lose, they don't show. The Cubs fans, if their team loses, they still go. It doesn't matter if they win or lose, they keep showing up. We're not that lucky. ... We have to win, and they don't.''

Basically, Ozzie stated a fact. One that I have seen spoken of here as a source of pride as compared to lemming Cub fans. Now ... De Luca's spin on it?

Sox manager Ozzie Guillen is prepared to take a back seat again to the Cubs.

Gotta love the Chicago media.

Oh s***!

Ken Williams said the club has been ''revisiting'' the backup catcher role, but stressed it wasn't a top priority. While the GM wouldn't go into details on what ''revisiting'' meant, it likely involved the possibility of re-signing free-agent catcher Sandy Alomar Jr.

The veteran said Monday that there have been talks with the Sox, but where that leads is a mystery.

''I would love to come back to the Sox,'' Alomar said. ''We're supposed to talk again this week, but I don't know where it will lead.''