2006 White Sox Catch-All Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 08:32 AM)
So who goes then? Buehrle? Contreras?

Whoever we get the best offer for. Unless we can't extend Buehrle. If we can't extend Buehrle's contract before Feb., then he has to be moved. He's too valuable a trading chip even off of this down year to wind up only getting draft picks for him.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 11:09 AM)
Whoever we get the best offer for. Unless we can't extend Buehrle. If we can't extend Buehrle's contract before Feb., then he has to be moved. He's too valuable a trading chip even off of this down year to wind up only getting draft picks for him.

Agreed if we can't extend him move him, no team will be getting draft picks for FAs anymore.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 07:07 PM)
'Fields is starting at 3b tonight. Ozzie is probably sick of watching Crede roll into DPs.

If that was true, Fields would have started yesterday. A day after Crede's 3 DPs. And would have started him against the AAA lefty. You know, like the ones that he put up a 1.000+ OPS against in Charlotte.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...tesox-headlines

Extra innings

On Sunday, the White Sox will surpass their all-time attendance mark of 2,934,154 set in 1991 during the inaugural season at new Comiskey Park (now U.S. Cellular Field). They need only 14,258 fans in their final home game to break the record. … Joe Crede singled Saturday to end an 0-for-28 skid. … Jim Thome has become the second player in Sox history to record 40 home runs, plus 100 RBIs, runs and walks in a single season. The other is Frank Thomas, who did it four times. … In his last two starts, Freddy Garcia has retired 48 of the 52 batters he has faced.

Anybody else want to brag about their prediction coming true?

I said 4-9 in the last 13 and I stand by it.

I'm right on track.

The way we've played, we are looking at fourth or fifth place next year.

We better make major changes.

Minn - better than us.

Det - better than us.

Cleve and KC - equal to us the second half of season.

My 2006 Playoff tickets arrived via DHL today. Now after looking at them, I really want to throw up.

I still remember standing up against the screen in game one of the ALDS nervous about the offense and hoping we would put up the runs. After the first inning I they answered my worries. It was warm and I was wearing shorts.

A few weeks later I was in my winter jacket, and a plastic temporary raincoat on, freezing my ass off in the rain, watching a world series I never thought I would ever be able to see in my wildest dreams. I got to watch Konerko hit a grand slam, and then Pods hit a walk off.

And now a year later the happiness of all that, is now replaced with sadness of what could of been.

Hopefully KW and the sox can right this and we can get back to the dance, because I like a lot of you got a taste for whitesox playoff baseball. I want another soxtober.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 26, 2006 -> 09:47 PM)
My 2006 Playoff tickets arrived via DHL today. Now after looking at them, I really want to throw up.

I still remember standing up against the screen in game one of the ALDS nervous about the offense and hoping we would put up the runs. After the first inning I they answered my worries. It was warm and I was wearing shorts.

A few weeks later I was in my winter jacket, and a plastic temporary raincoat on, freezing my ass off in the rain, watching a world series I never thought I would ever be able to see in my wildest dreams. I got to watch Konerko hit a grand slam, and then Pods hit a walk off.

And now a year later the happiness of all that, is now replaced with sadness of what could of been.

Hopefully KW and the sox can right this and we can get back to the dance, because I like a lot of you got a taste for whitesox playoff baseball. I want another soxtober.

This is gonna sound like Cuck the Fubs, but I feel better after watching the HBO documentary that premiered tonight about Cubs and their fans miseries. We were lucky to have what we had last year and we all will cherish it forever.

I really couldn't of imagined going through a Sox version of 2003, I would of slit my wrists. Worse things could happen to me.

We'll always have 2005!

But it sucks we won't get to defend our crown.

Does anyone know who'll be pitching in the season finale? I'm curious to see if Javy will pitch or not, since I've gotten to see the other 4 starters this year, but not him.

(and yes, I'll still be giving the Sox a standing ovation despite the disappointing year)

It's Fred, Jon then Vas to finish up.

I'd give a standing O to the fact they are our team, but not to their performance.

It will be a miracle if we don't get swept if the Twins truly want to win the division and not face the Yanks who would

sweep them.

That was a big win for the Twinks tonight.

Down to last at bat against the pathetic Royals and bam home run.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 28, 2006 -> 11:06 PM)
It's Fred, Jon then Vas to finish up.

I'd give a standing O to the fact they are our team, but not to their performance.

It will be a miracle if we don't get swept if the Twins truly want to win the division and not face the Yanks who would

sweep them.

That was a big win for the Twinks tonight.

Down to last at bat against the pathetic Royals and bam home run.

Twins will be swept by no one.