2006 White Sox Catch-All Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im perplexed by the conversation that was going on during the game on the tigers board on MLB.com. They were saying that our team is filled with juicers, especially thome, and that I-Roid wasnt on the stuff, he just got smaller because people typically shrink with age.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:17 AM)
Im perplexed by the conversation that was going on during the game on the tigers board on MLB.com. They were saying that our team is filled with juicers, especially thome, and that I-Roid wasnt on the stuff, he just got smaller because people typically shrink with age.

LMAO

Unreal. How do you call someone 'Pudge' when they look like Nicole Ritchie?

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:18 AM)
LMAO

Unreal. How do you call someone 'Pudge' when they look like Nicole Ritchie?

Just look at his numbers all of a sudden he is hitting 35 hr's 113 RBI's .332 BA , the year after that he hits .346 with 27 bombs. How many does he have this year, 9?

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 08:55 AM)
Check out the ChiSox Daily blog for some interesting analysis regarding Vazquez.

http://www.chisoxdaily.blogspot.com/

I didn't realize his meltdown innings have been that bad. I don't think I've ever seen a pitcher suffer that many problems in one inning and it just makes you shake your head and wonder.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:46 AM)
I didn't realize his meltdown innings have been that bad. I don't think I've ever seen a pitcher suffer that many problems in one inning and it just makes you shake your head and wonder.

He reminds me of the old Jose in some respects. A guy gets on and then all falls to s***.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:21 AM)
Just look at his numbers all of a sudden he is hitting 35 hr's 113 RBI's .332 BA , the year after that he hits .346 with 27 bombs. How many does he have this year, 9?

He just wants to be more mobile behind the plate.

I believe that was his excuse.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:48 AM)
He reminds me of the old Jose in some respects. A guy gets on and then all falls to s***.

Or the new Jose.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 11:03 AM)
Pretty pathetic that we couldn't sell out a Friday night game against a division rival late in the season, during a pennant race. The game should have been sold out weeks in advance.

I was very surprised by that, considering there were fireworks as well. It was pretty close to full though.

Pretty pathetic that we couldn't sell out a Friday night game against a division rival late in the season, during a pennant race. The game should have been sold out weeks in advance.

Bears game?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 11:13 AM)
I was very surprised by that, considering there were fireworks as well. It was pretty close to full though.

Listen up, becuase this is the only time I'm going to post this.

Once the college kids go back to shool and the families stop coming out on weeknights, the attendace drops. -- THERE IS NOTHING NEW HERE!

Last season, the first game after school was back in session drew 20K fans. There were a number of games down the stretch where fewer than that showed. This was for a team marching to it's best season in over 20 years.

April 1-May 15th and August 25th-October 1, the Sox have trouble drawing fans. Honestly, the only thing surprising is that smart posters like yourselves don't pick up on this.

Attendance has been awesome.

Fans deserve an A for their support. An A plus really.

The Twins have to be laughing their ass at us now, the way they own us.

They don't own our fans, though.

Great great year of attendance.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:09 AM)
What does the Sunday Sep 10 gametime (home vs Cleveland) depend on since it's TBA?

It was probably slotted that way before the season in case ESPN wanted to pick it up for two teams that were supposed to be two of the best in the AL in the middle of the stretch drive.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:28 AM)
It was probably slotted that way before the season in case ESPN wanted to pick it up for two teams that were supposed to be two of the best in the AL in the middle of the stretch drive.

Yeah, i figured that...but saw that Pads @ Giants is a 7:00 start, so i figured that was the ESPN game.