2006 White Sox Catch-All Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Aug 28, 2006 -> 12:32 PM)
I keep missing that Ozzie show. :(

I watched an episode last night. It's very sweet. The next installment deals with him and Kenny building last years team. Sunday at 4:30.

Heh, had I asked you at the beginning of the year, to match the ERAs and Wins to the respective pitchers lsited below, how many of you woulda got them right?

16-4, 4.47 ERA

11-6, 4.25 ERA

13-8, 5.05 ERA

11-8, 5.06 ERA

11-11, 4.71 ERA

Mark Buehrle

Jose Contreras

Freddy Garcia

Jon Garland

Javier Vasquez

:P

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 08:05 AM)
For Cy Young I think wins mean more than ERA. If he somehow gets to 21 wins, not likely, and a sub 4 ERA he has a shot.

What if Jenks gets to 50 saves though and a sub 3 ERA isn't he 38/41 in opportunities while blowing those saves to the Orioles, Royals and I forget the third.

38/40. There was no 3rd.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 01:06 PM)
Jon Garland has absolutely, positively no chance at winning the Cy Young.

Jermaine Dye has a better chance at winning the MVP. And with a Red Sox player and a Yankee player ahead of him, he also has no chance.

With him missing games and the Red Sox looking like they're golfing in October, Papi deserves no mention in the MVP talk anymore.

The next person to mention Jon Garland and Cy Young in the same sentence shall be b**** slapped. TAKE A f***ING LOOK AT JOHAN SANTANA'S NUMBERS! Then tell me Jon Garland has a chance, the guy will have a 4+ ERA at season's end and the rest of his numbers look like s*** when compared to Santana, Verlander, Halladay or even Danny Haren and John Lackey.

DAN HAREN/JOHN LACKEY > JON GARLAND

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 10:41 PM)
Attendance has been awesome.

Fans deserve an A for their support. An A plus really.

The Twins have to be laughing their ass at us now, the way they own us.

They don't own our fans, though.

Great great year of attendance.

Paid attendance had to be awesome this year just based on the # of season tickets sold before they even started.

Can Gload be the 3rd base coach if Cora keeps up crapping the bed also?

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 12:25 PM)
With him missing games and the Red Sox looking like they're golfing in October, Papi deserves no mention in the MVP talk anymore.

Doesn't matter. Ortiz and Jeter will both almost definitely get more votes than Dye.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 10:21 AM)
Once again, I have to ask why Joey Cora has a job.

^^^^

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 05:39 PM)
Doesn't matter. Ortiz and Jeter will both almost definitely get more votes than Dye.

It all depends on September. Dye keeps up this pace for another month, I'll lay you very solid odds he'll win. Vlad the Impaler won in 04 with a dominant September that propelled his team to a division title, despite the fact that others had more home runs or higher averages than he did.

If JD puts up September Numbers similar to his August numbers, and this team makes the playoffs or even better wins the division, I think he'll have a real, real good shot.

I've been meaning to ask about this... The other day on my way to work I was listening to the score and I think it was mike and mike that pointed out after Riske gave up the homer to Hunter the other day AJ stared at him all the way back to the dugout after being taken out. They said they were going to look into it more, it was most likely nothing, but did anyone else notice that?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 07:41 PM)
It all depends on September. Dye keeps up this pace for another month, I'll lay you very solid odds he'll win. Vlad the Impaler won in 04 with a dominant September that propelled his team to a division title, despite the fact that others had more home runs or higher averages than he did.

If JD puts up September Numbers similar to his August numbers, and this team makes the playoffs or even better wins the division, I think he'll have a real, real good shot.

If this team wins the division, not only will I seriously do snow angels naked, but Jermaine Dye will win the MVP.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 12:15 AM)
Expect Sweeney in the lineup tomorrow.

Which would be another example of Ozzie failing to use his lineup optimally. Sweeney has some severe platoon splits.

He hit for a decent average against LHP in Charlotte this year, but had a much much worse K/BB ratio and no power whatsoever. He's got to work on his hitting vs. LHP.

Against righties though, there's no doubt in my mind that he's a better hitter than Podsednik.

On the crappy lefty we are going to face tonight.

We actually got video of him," hitting coach Greg Walker said. "I watched him the other day. There's a lot to be said for that."

Well Grego you have video of Julian. How about this, stop with the lift and pull crap and start having your hitters use the entire field and maybe we can rock this joker. You are telling me that we cant scrounge up video of minor league pitchers when we face them. How about this Greg, have someone in the Whitesox organization purchase a milb.com gamecast account and then capture the video. A few bucks, and a freeware capture engine and you can analyze some more pitchers. Worthless, good for nothing.......

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 10:17 PM)
wow mccarthy sucks ass in the pen.

When he came into the game, I told all of my roommates that he's either great or terrible out of the pen. The game would either end this inning, or he'd go 4+ scoreless innings. Of course, he he gave up a walkoff homer to the great Carlos Pena.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 07:58 AM)
On the crappy lefty we are going to face tonight.

We actually got video of him," hitting coach Greg Walker said. "I watched him the other day. There's a lot to be said for that."

Well Grego you have video of Julian. How about this, stop with the lift and pull crap and start having your hitters use the entire field and maybe we can rock this joker. You are telling me that we cant scrounge up video of minor league pitchers when we face them. How about this Greg, have someone in the Whitesox organization purchase a milb.com gamecast account and then capture the video. A few bucks, and a freeware capture engine and you can analyze some more pitchers. Worthless, good for nothing.......

Thank God Greg had that video. Worthless POS Hitting coach. The sooner we can get rid of him the better.