Hello Mr. Anderson

BigSqwert

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:09 PM)
And I'd still rather have BA starting in CF over Pods, Mack, Ozuna, or Gload.

BA has just looked so brutal at the plate. Right now people are just looking for signs of life, but he's not really showing any glimmers of hope. Even Ozzie's comments show he's getting frustrated.

Nobody's questioning what he can become in the future, just what he can do to help this team this year right now to keep winning.

I don't agree with it at all, just because what it will mean for our team defensively.

I mean Brian's actually struck out 10 less times this month, and he's actually got a .822 OPS at home.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 27, 2006 -> 11:14 PM)
BA has just looked so brutal at the plate. Right now people are just looking for signs of life, but he's not really showing any glimmers of hope. Even Ozzie's comments show he's getting frustrated.

Nobody's questioning what he can become in the future, just what he can do to help this team this year right now to keep winning.

How is BA being sent down going to help the Sox? BA helps this club a lot more than he hurts it. This club will be a hell of a lot worse off with Mack, Pods, Ozuna, or Gload starting in CF.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:14 PM)

You're not going to win s*** without a very good defensive centerfielder.

Which of these would people most like to see?

Pods>Anderson

Ozuna>Pods

Gload>Pods

Pods>Mack

Owens>Pods

Pods>Owens

Pods>Sweeney

Sweeney>Pods

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:17 PM)
You're not going to win s*** without a very good defensive centerfielder.

Which of these would people most like to see?

Pods>Anderson

Ozuna>Pods

Gload>Pods

Pods>Mack

Owens>Pods

Pods>Owens

Pods>Sweeney

Sweeney>Pods

I wanna see BA show us something, anything, at the plate.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:15 PM)
Unless Owens is ready all of a sudden or Sweeney is magically healed up and ready, this is a very bad idea.

How exactly would Owens help the team right now even if he were ready? Would he play CF or LF? Do you move Pods to CF, a position that he played poorly in Milwaukee and has not played consistantly in over a year?

If you do any of these, the team will still struggle big time defensively and you'll see a sudden dip in pitching effectiveness.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 28, 2006 -> 01:20 PM)
I wanna see BA show us something, anything, at the plate.

Is that a huge issue though, if you'd have Machowiak costing you games defensively in the long run?

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:19 PM)
It's almost as if Guillen hasn't seen the Mackowiak misreads that've cost us games -- two by my count.

Anderson's bat has also cost us a couple games, the Friday game at The Cell against Toronto where he left 9 on base (I think it was 9) comes to mind.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:20 PM)
How exactly would Owens help the team right now even if he were ready? Would he play CF or LF? Do you move Pods to CF, a position that he played poorly in Milwaukee and has not played consistantly in over a year?

If you do any of these, the team will still struggle big time defensively and you'll see a sudden dip in pitching effectiveness.

I agree with you, that's my point, what you are saying.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:22 PM)
I'm just waiting for BA to go 3-4 tomorrow and then just go off this month to just quiet the doubters.

Anderson will be a VERY good player in the long run, and maybe a good hitter sooner rather than later, but it's such a battle to be patient with him when we are trying to win another World Title and are all of a sudden 3.5 games out.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:22 PM)
Anderson's bat has also cost us a couple games, the Friday game at The Cell against Toronto where he left 9 on base (I think it was 9) comes to mind.

I agree with you, that's my point, what you are saying.

He'll argue with you even if you were kidding/agreed with him. You've been officially "Kalapse'd."

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:20 PM)
Is that a huge issue though, if you'd have Machowiak costing you games defensively in the long run?

Is BA being brutal at the plate a huge issue?? It wasn't when everyone was hitting like crazy, but glaring when we need something, ANYTHING, from him. It's just frustrating when he looks so lost.

I don't want him sent down, just to do something at the plate. I'll endure Mack for a bit but not as the long-term solution. Ideally, it would be BA giving us a glimmer of hope, but time and time again he looks predictably lost. How long should we be patient??

And Ozzie's comments show that BA is a real issue and not just fans overreacting and being impatient.