Hello Mr. Anderson

BigSqwert

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:23 PM)
Anderson will be a VERY good player in the long run, and maybe a good hitter sooner rather than later, but it's such a battle to be patient with him when we are trying to win another World Title and are all of a sudden 3.5 games out.

Me, Heads, Jas, Greasy, Rowand, WH1 (and others I'm not gonna say all the names but you know who you are) have been BA's biggest supporters. I'm not gonna give up on him. I believe he can hit here and I'm gonna stick by it until he hits .0-- whatever. I also hate that were behind the Tigers but I also know it will not last long (hell it might not even last longer this week.)

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys something else is going on here. Remember when guys are in slumps at the plate but playing well otherwise, Ozzie will not bench them. Look at Uribe, Crede, Rowand, and Thomas and think of the terrible stretches they have had at the plate over Ozzies years and he refused to bench them, yet Anderson is out. I really wonder if Anderson has pissed off Ozzie for some reason. Maybe that attitude or ego grinded him the wrong way? I'd be curious if anyone with a little more inside info could provide some help there, because this aint adding up to me.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:23 PM)
He'll argue with you even if you were kidding/agreed with him. You've been officially "Kalapse'd."

I didn't think that's what I was doing there. He mentioned Owens and I just threw it out there how Owens has no use to the Sox this year, it was mainly to stop people from bringing up his name again more than anything.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 27, 2006 -> 09:16 PM)
I don't agree with it at all, just because what it will mean for our team defensively.

I mean Brian's actually struck out 10 less times this month, and he's actually got a .822 OPS at home.

Agree completely. BA's offense isnt as big of a deal if Uribe is hitting, unfortunately, he is still struggling at the plate. And BA has shown flashes. I just dont understand what sending Anderson down would accomplish since the defense would be hurt substantially. Unless KW has a trade up his sleeve, sending BA down makes no sense at all.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:27 PM)
Me, Heads, Jas, Greasy, Rowand, WH1 (and others I'm not gonna say all the names but you know who you are) have been BA's biggest supporters. I'm not gonna give up on him. I believe he can hit here and I'm gonna stick by it until he hits .0-- whatever. I also hate that were behind the Tigers but I also know it will not last long (hell it might not even last longer this week.)

But me on top of that list of BA fans.

Guys something else is going on here. Remember when guys are in slumps at the plate but playing well otherwise, Ozzie will not bench them. Look at Uribe, Crede, Rowand, and Thomas and think of the terrible stretches they have had at the plate over Ozzies years and he refused to bench them, yet Anderson is out. I really wonder if Anderson has pissed off Ozzie for some reason. Maybe that attitude or ego grinded him the wrong way? I'd be curious if anyone with a little more inside info could provide some help there, because this aint adding up to me.

Maybe it's his suspension, and the Sox are trying to find a way to wezzle out of it

QUOTE(SoxAce @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:27 PM)

I'm a supporter too and if we send him down it would be VERY dumb, I'm just playing devil's advocate here and saying what the Sox are thinking. My true opinion is that this is silly, we've had some DUMB and BAD losses lately, but the only one that I blame directly on BA is the Friday loss to the Blue Jays in April. Most of our stupid losses are bullpen or execution related (SEE: Bunt by Pods in the 9th today).

We need Brian's defense, and as Jay Bilas would say, I think Brian has "spurtability" at the plate, just looks like a guy who could bust out at any moment.

The thing is, if Jermaine freaking Dye, a proven MLB hitter with a career OPS way above 100, can struggle for 2 months, then a rookie sure as hell can.

We love to make conclusions after small sample sizes, but I don't think it's a good idea. I'm not saying BA is going to get even above .250 this season, but a 250/320/420 line is fine with me if he plays "Rowand like" defense in CF.

Runs prevented are very important as well as runs scored.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:27 PM)
Anderson isn't even the worst at the plate in our starting lineup.

He has no previous success to fall back on...

I don't agree that BA should be sent down, but it's very interesting that Ozzie is talking about it. Shows it's a real issue, and rightfully so. Patience runs thin.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:30 PM)
The thing is, if Jermaine freaking Dye, a proven MLB hitter with a career OPS way above 100, can struggle for 2 months, then a rookie sure as hell can.

We love to make conclusions after small sample sizes, but I don't think it's a good idea. I'm not saying BA is going to get even above .250 this season, but a 250/320/420 line is fine with me if he plays "Rowand like" defense in CF.

Runs prevented are very important as well as runs scored.

Great point, plus I remember in 2003 that Konerko guy had a bit of a rough stretch at the dish.....

Perhaps Ozzie is just trying to get BA going by threatening to send him down to Charlotte through the media. I'm sure Brian has grown accustomed to the luxurious life style that is that of a major league baseball player. He should be scared s***less of having to take buses cross country and eat at Denny's at 2 AM.

Edited by Kalapse

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 27, 2006 -> 11:23 PM)
Anderson will be a VERY good player in the long run, and maybe a good hitter sooner rather than later, but it's such a battle to be patient with him when we are trying to win another World Title and are all of a sudden 3.5 games out.

BA's one of the last reasons we're 3.5 out.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:27 PM)
Anderson isn't even the worst at the plate in our starting lineup.

Couldn't of said it better myself. Uribe has 145 AB's right now (.200). BA has 105. (.171) Uribe only has 11 more hits so BA would have to go 11-50 (.220) just to equal Uribe. This is not even counting the 5 year experience Uribe has over the rookie.