AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

greasywheels121

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, c'mon dude. The offense won the game for Garland. Garland's ERA is 6.25 now. Give it a rest.

The offense got him a lead, and he didn't give it up. He proved to be a stopper today.

The offense got him a lead, and he didn't give it up. He proved to be a stopper today.

Stopper my arse -- he gave up 5 earned runs in 6 innings. Name another starting pitcher who would have a 4-2 record with a 6.25 ERA. Garland is having a 2004 Shawn Estes season this year.

Stopper my arse -- he gave up 5 earned runs in 6 innings. Name another starting pitcher who would have a 4-2 record with a 6.25 ERA. Garland is having a 2004 Shawn Estes season this year.

I'll take a pitcher with a 4-2 record and a 6+ ERA, over a pitcher with a 2-4 record and a 3 ERA.

I'll take a pitcher with a 4-2 record and a 6+ ERA, over a pitcher with a 2-4 record and a 3 ERA.

Ummm... in that case it would be the team's offense's fault for losing the games, not the pitcher's. Wins are a team stat, ERA is more of an individual stat.

Your record as a pitcher for the most part is only as good as your run support. I'll take the lower ERA thanks. Did Jon pitch better than Jose did yesterday because Jon got the win and Jose didn't due to s*** run support? Of course not.

Over the long run you would take the lower ERA because things will eventually even out. But right now, I'll take the 4 wins.