White Sox @ Indians

Heads22

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ May 30, 2006 -> 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He got the W in his last start. That's all that matters. If the game was closer he would have definitely focused more and hit the corners. But when you are pitching with the lead, you let the other team hit. That is what he did and it worked out for him.

Garland knows how to pitch. He is a fierce competitor and I would want him out there for game 1 of the world series.

Please, just stop it right now.

is Hawk crazy? "Our bullpen is not near where it was at this point last year..."

No, Hawk, we don't have Vizcaino giving up games once a week, we don't have Marte's unpredictable outings....

I think people forget that our bullpen was a bit of a mess in May last year...

QUOTE(jphat007 @ May 31, 2006 -> 12:25 AM)
Safe to say that Mark doesn't matchup so well with the Indians most of the time, though there have been some really great starts mixed in there.

This Indians lineup seems like it should crush most lefties they face.

when mark pitches against the tribe or twins, the same usually happens, he either gets shelled or he has a great outing. they know how to bat against him :huh

wow, its nasty outside, maybe its cuz the cubs are playing? :ph34r:

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 30, 2006 -> 07:27 PM)
He almost fell down.

We're lucky he didn't butcher it.

No s***, everytime a ball is hit out there I can hear circus music playing in my head while Pablo is moving around

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 30, 2006 -> 07:26 PM)
Mother f***er Ozuna makes me nervous EVERY ab..

He looks like the little leaguer who ALWAYS runs in first because they were told to when they learned to play outfield. Generally, by the pros, players learn to judge the ball right off the bat. Seems like he hasn't gotten that down very well yet. :P

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ May 30, 2006 -> 07:23 PM)
You have to be insane to think that a pitcher doesn't know who he is pitching against. When he faces Sabathia, he realizes that he has to pitch a very good game and it puts pressure on him. That pressure can effect the way he pitches.

Didn't Buerhle beat Cleveland 1-0 on opening day last year? How can you praise Garland 64-61 lifetime coming into this season with a 4.42 career ERA, and knock Buerhle 85-53 3.63. They both broke in the same season, 2000,.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ May 30, 2006 -> 07:27 PM)
is Hawk crazy? "Our bullpen is not near where it was at this point last year..."

No, Hawk, we don't have Vizcaino giving up games once a week, we don't have Marte's unpredictable outings....

He's right. Last year Cotts, Politte, and Hermanson were all lights out.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ May 30, 2006 -> 05:27 PM)

We had Hermanson and Politte who were absolutely on fire though, which is something we still don't have yet here.