Official Day 1 Draft Thread

WhiteSoxfan1986

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Nats picked Stephen King -- described as an extremely athletic kid who has been injured and hasn't put up the numbers quite yet.

That's the type of pick I sort of like right now. That's not to say I don't like the Sox picks so far (I'm pretty happy right now), but I like the toolsy type player right now.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 01:31 PM)
Sox select Matthew Long, P, Miami Univ (f*** you, MU, get a new goddamn name

Miami University was a school before Fla was a state. Plus there were no Miami Indians in Fla. Morons down there.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 11:58 AM)
The Nats picked Stephen King -- described as an extremely athletic kid who has been injured and hasn't put up the numbers quite yet.

That's the type of pick I sort of like right now. That's not to say I don't like the Sox picks so far (I'm pretty happy right now), but I like the toolsy type player right now.

King was a guy the Nats considered in RD 1 apparently so I think they are happy taking him there. I really like Long.

On a sidenote, we will be working on landing some interviews as Heads has already gotten in contact with the top 2 picks of the Sox. Heads is uber wise.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 02:58 PM)
Heads already has McCullouch's phone number. Jesus.

(13:58:17) aernst022: if all else fails

(13:58:21) aernst022: we facebook/myspace

(13:58:21) aernst022: haha

facebook ftw!

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 01:59 PM)
King was a guy the Nats considered in RD 1 apparently so I think they are happy taking him there. I really like Long.

On a sidenote, we will be working on landing some interviews as Heads has already gotten in contact with the top 2 picks of the Sox. Heads is uber wise.

Excellent news :cheers

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 06:58 PM)

I think BA projected the Cubs as taking him with their first pick. If baseball doesn't work out for him, I'm should being a novelist might pay the bills.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 12:01 PM)
Would the Sox really take three pitchers, when they're MIF/C prospects are so weak?

Three guys to look at still on the board: Walden, Betances, and Jason's guy, Hughes.

HUGHES is good and I like taking guys coming from good schools who do a good job with pitchers (LONG BEACH STATE IS THAT).

Walden is good too.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 03:01 PM)
Would the Sox really take three pitchers, when they're MIF/C prospects are so weak?

Three guys to look at still on the board: Walden, Betances, and Jason's guy, Hughes.

Apparently, yes.