David Riske

Sox1422

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:33 PM)
Alright boys, if I wanted to sit in an english class today, I would have applied to school, written a check and sat in my seat. Turns out, I didnt.

I mean, I'm just sayin...

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:33 PM)
the opposing team never gives praise to a departed player, its the code of fans.

No, they are saying its a bad trade for them. Check it out. Alot of them are worried because Lopez sucks compared to Riske in their careers.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:34 PM)
No, they are saying its a bad trade for them. Check it out. Alot of them are worried because Lopez sucks compared to Riske in their careers.

yeah sorry for declaring the wrong message Rock, my bad.

The Red Sox probably initiated this deal, another plus for the white sox....a very deep system.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:23 PM)
...with the contract ending after the 2006 season.

This was exactly the sort of guy Williams was looking for.

If the bullpen continues on in these dire straits, he may go for broke and make some sort of blockbuster deal around the deadline. But, in the meantime, Riske will be used in an attempt to stop the bleeding. It's almost a showcase to see if more drastic moves need to be made.

Consider this a McDonalds wake up call to Agustin Montero and Cliff Politte. :bang

Rotoworld's take on the Riske acquisition. They seem to like him a lot.

If Riske is healthy, he'll be one of the league's better middle relievers, and the White Sox are getting him for a left-hander they clearly had no intention of ever using. It looks like another winner for Ken Williams.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 06:59 PM)
Rotoworld's take on the Riske acquisition. They seem to like him a lot.

Rotoworld complimenting a Kenny Williams trade?

Doesn't.... compute...

BTW -- if this works out in the short term (ie, the next four-and-a-half months), then there's another option for the bullpen next year. He's only 28 years old.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 02:59 PM)
I want to punch him when he says multitasking. PLus those rooms just remind you how s***ty their motels are.

The sad thing is, when I go to Pittsburgh, I'll be staying in one of their rooms (mainly because their prices and most hotels in the area don't let people under 21 check in, and I'm 18). Naturally, I won't be in the room much for anything other than sleep, but still..

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(Felix @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 02:10 PM)
The sad thing is, when I go to Pittsburgh, I'll be staying in one of their rooms (mainly because their prices and most hotels in the area don't let people under 21 check in, and I'm 18). Naturally, I won't be in the room much for anything other than sleep, but still..

yeah, they blow.

I dont know about you guys, but im skeptical here. Why would Theo trade for a guy he has already had, and gave away for nothing, who has had no success at the big league level. Also he traded one of his more successful bullpen arms for it. When a trade seems this one sided, im very skeptical and why Riske's price was so low.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 03:16 PM)
I dont know about you guys, but im skeptical here. Why would Theo trade for a guy he has already had, and gave away for nothing, who has had no success at the big league level. Also he traded one of his more successful bullpen arms for it. When a trade seems this one sided, im very skeptical and why Riske's price was so low.

They need a lefty reliever in their pen. They literall have none of any worth, and with the numbers Lopez has put up in AAA, he could produce, although its unlikely, in the pros.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 02:16 PM)
yeah, they blow.

back to back grannies by the twins, both by lefties. they need help now.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:16 PM)
yeah, they blow.

Riske's injury risks (no pun intended) I guess.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but he tends to do a lot worse in even numbered years. I don't know if that is a coincidence or not, but his WHIP goes up a lot in even numbered years. In odd numbered years it is under 1. And this being an even number year and all...... I mean I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 02:20 PM)
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but he tends to do a lot worse in even numbered years. I don't know if that is a coincidence or not, but his WHIP goes up a lot in even numbered years. In odd numbered years it is under 1. And this being an even number year and all...... I mean I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

If we multiple this even year times the square root of Brett Saberhagens ERA, and multiple it by infitinity, David is still better than the 2006 version of Gas Can Clifford Politte.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:19 PM)
isnt there better help out there than Javier Lopez? There has to be.

You know, I'm not really sure there is, not that could be had for Riske anyway. Think about this first...how many teams would currently consider selling something that could be used at the ML Level? I can count like 5 or 6. Now, how many of those teams have good bullpens? Now, how many of those have good bullpens with good lefties? Now, how many of them have good lefties they'd be willing to part with?

There just aren't enough Loogy's to go around for most teams right now, and the Sox had roughly 3 lefties.