Cards Fans

RockRaines

I wanted to give props to both the Cards fans and fellow sox fans for being classy to each other. Even at the game last night there wasnt much ribbing going on. And on other boards it doesnt seem like any Sox fan is rubbing that victory in their faces. I have found their fans to be passionate and knowledgeable, and I wish them the best of luck after this series.

The Card fans were fine. I did see one guy on the concourse yelling at Cardinal fans, but that was it. I had a Cardinal fan and Sox fan in front of me, friends, and the Card fan got pretty animated during the beanballing.

Cardinal fans and Sox fans have one thing in common...their distain for Cub fans. It brings people together. :cheers

I agree. Lots of Cards fans last night, including around us, and they were all great to be at a game with.

The only embarrassment was a Sox fan who literally stood yelled the ENTIRE game at the top of his lungs, until his voice started cracking and quite obviously went out around the 6th inning. He was right behind a bunch of Cards fans, who all took it pretty well (they were amused).

QUOTE(Guillen @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 11:06 AM)
I would have to say Philadelphia fans are probably the most polite of all in this country. All you have to do is look back to when J.D. Drew's walkman died and everyone in the stadium donated their batteries to him.

LOL. I'm going to Philly next month. Should be a good time.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 12:10 PM)
Games, visiting friends.

The stadium is very nice except for the fact it should be located in Williamsport, PA, not the home of Major League Baseball's Philadelphia Phillies. I don't recommend waiting in line for Geno's steaks at the ballpark, not worth the 5 innings it takes to get a cheesesteak. If you're dying to try a famous Philly steak, leave early for the game and stop at the original home of the Philly cheesesteak, Pat's in South Philly. Ashburn Alley is a must see at the stadium.

QUOTE(Guillen @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 11:15 AM)
The stadium is very nice except for the fact it should be located in Williamsport, PA, not the home of Major League Baseball's Philadelphia Phillies. I don't recommend waiting in line for Geno's steaks at the ballpark, not worth the 5 innings it takes to get a cheesesteak. If you're dying to try a famous Philly steak, leave early for the game and stop at the original home of the Philly cheesesteak, Pat's in South Philly. Ashburn Alley is a must see at the stadium.

Thanks for the info.

QUOTE(salty99 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 12:32 PM)
Yeah there were alot of Cards fans in attendance. THe only problem I saw is when Pujols walked over to sign a couple autos people were crushing each other so he left. Crazy autograph hounds

Humans always trying to make a buck.

There were four yuppie "Sox fans" a few rows in front of us that kept making a dad and his kid move so they could keep going to the bathroom and getting more beers. I never once saw tham say excuse me. They were kind of obnoxious and loud at times, thinking they were funny but they really weren't.

If I had to guess, they transported from Addison.

QUOTE(Guillen @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 11:06 AM)
I would have to say Philadelphia fans are probably the most polite of all in this country. All you have to do is look back to when J.D. Drew's walkman died and everyone in the stadium donated their batteries to him.

:lolhitting

Awesome

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 10:35 AM)
I wanted to give props to both the Cards fans and fellow sox fans for being classy to each other. Even at the game last night there wasnt much ribbing going on. And on other boards it doesnt seem like any Sox fan is rubbing that victory in their faces. I have found their fans to be passionate and knowledgeable, and I wish them the best of luck after this series.

The Cards are the team I would root for if Chicago didn't have the White Sox.

I'd be kinda bothered myself if I were a Cards fan...I woulda just watched my team lose 2 games by a total of 33-11....and the scores still don't really tell the story. They were NEVER in these games, both starters got absolutely hammered, and this was a true test for St. Louis to see how they stack up against the World Champs, albeit without their main star.

They've been humbled a bit, and no thats not smacktalk towards the Cards.