St. Louis Conspiracy Theory...Sox knew what pitches were coming

maggsmaggs

QUOTE(CardsJimEdmonds15 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 11:24 AM)
The Cards have b****ed, besides Duncan? I dont see anyone b****ing.. Just a source.. big deal?

They could have very well been tipping pitches but it had more to do with Mulder being injured and pitching and Marquis sucking to me.. and Reyes being awesome..

Well this is true, though the article did say the dugout was convinced that the camera was stealing signs. I don't know how they got this information about the dugout but it does seem LaRussa and company were worried about a camera according to this article.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 06:19 PM)
Well this is true, though the article did say the dugout was convinced that the camera was stealing signs. I don't know how they got this information about the dugout but it does seem LaRussa and company were worried about a camera according to this article.

Jon Garland said that someone in the Sox dugout said they were too stupid to use technology like that to their advantage. Jiggets said "Let's leave Ozzie out of this." Garland laughed.

QUOTE(steve @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 06:28 PM)
Wow, I'm hearing a national radio host (not on in Chicago) saying that the the sox should have to forfeit those two games.

I don't think there's enough evidence for those kinds of words to be spoken by ANYONE.

If I'm on the White Sox, I'm responding to these allegations. Call out the Cardinals to either show proof or admit their asses where legitimately beat.

I know certain people will continue a passive approach of ignoring incidents such as these, but this is different then commenting on a columnist. We're talking about our integrity as an organization called into question. Unsubstantiated rumors based upon our inability to score runs following a pitching change and a switching of signs is ridiculous.

I still want someone to suggest how exactly the CF camera gave our hitters signs. No one has done this yet. And we're talking about quite the conspiracy, with numerous people involved, aren't we? It seemingly involves every player who hit Marquis and Mulder (since it's obvious both would have done well without help) AND a cameraman employed by both WCIU and CSN. Quite the risk to expect all these participants to remain quiet.

On, Around The Horn, Jay Mariotti just said that he believes the White Sox stole signs in games 1 and 2 against the Cardinals. He also insulted the club by sarcasticly saying "I would never accuse such a classy organization of cheating."

f*** Mariotti! He's alienated himself from this town for awhile now. He should just get out while he can.

QUOTE(steve @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 12:20 AM)
Arnie Spanier on Sporting News Radio

Last September, Arnie Spanier was seriously pulling for the Sox to choke. I mean he talked about it every day and was loving the Cleveland comeback. He's an out of town guy relocated to Chicago who roots against the local teams for attention. I wanted so badly to call in after we clinched last year, but I never did.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 11:03 PM)
Would not surprise me one bit if it was Eric Casillyass.

I usually enjoy listening to him until he starts talking about the Sox...then he always inserts foot into mouth.

Going back to the stealing of signs...I was listening to 1000 earlier this afternoon on the way to the park and Bruce Levine was saying how stealing signs has always been a part of baseball and was giving scenarios on how using a camera would actually work to steal them.

While it is highly doubtful that the Sox actually did that, he went on to say it isnt the first time the Sox have been accused of this..they were in the old stadium as well and that nearly every team is accused of cheating. It is a part of the game.

I would have thought it was below the Cardinals to float something like this out there without having something substantial to accompany the allegation. There's something to be saod for a team that gets their collective asses pummeled andthey say we got our asses kicked. Unfortunately, St. Louis does not appear to be one of those teams. When the Angels stomped us 19-1 a few years ago, I don't recall us squaking and whining about it. I've lost a lot of respect for what I thought was a classy organization.