Tiger Watch - Official Thread

hi8is

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Goldmember @ Jul 13, 2006 -> 05:19 PM)
i don't think the royals could score enough to make me confident they could win any particular game, especially one versus detroit when we need them to...

Hopefully Mike MacDougal can come back strong and get Burgos out of that closing disaster he's been.

QUOTE(tigerfan @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 02:14 AM)
Game over, 6-4 your final.

I don't think Tigers fans should be content with this win. The Royals outplayed the Tigers tonight, but just threw the ball away in the 5th inning. :P

And yes, I understand how ridiculous a comment like this is.

To answer the earlier question:

Guillen has batted 5th all season, to protect Ordonez mostly I guess.

Shelton is batting 8th, because despite all the "Shelton is playing way over his head..." crap from the big media, the fact is he totally sucked in May and June.

He seems to have heated back up to his more normal self from late june into july, and I would definitely move him to 7th ahead of Craig Monroe who is definitley our worst regular player. (Think Podsednik except with power instead of speed)

QUOTE(loltrain @ Jul 13, 2006 -> 09:26 PM)
To answer the earlier question:

Guillen has batted 5th all season, to protect Ordonez mostly I guess.

Shelton is batting 8th, because despite all the "Shelton is playing way over his head..." crap from the big media, the fact is he totally sucked in May and June.

He seems to have heated back up to his more normal self from late june into july, and I would definitely move him to 7th ahead of Craig Monroe who is definitley our worst regular player. (Think Podsednik except with power instead of speed)

Podsednik is better than monroe in every category except HR's and RBI's, which are both understandable.. Comparing them in this situation isnt much of a fair comparison.. Monroe has an OBP of .280 :puke

At least Pods is keepin it good at .351.. his OPS is also higher :)

.253 .285 .456 .741

.261 .342 .351 .693

Monroe v Podsednik

Podsednik certainly gets on base alot more, but I would still stand by my comparison that Monroe is pretty similar, except instead of a good obp and crappy power he has a crappy obp and good power.

As you can see Podsednik's OPS isn't higher, but I'll agree he's a more valuable player since at least he brings steals to the table on top of his obp.

Edited by loltrain

QUOTE(loltrain @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 12:41 PM)
.253 .285 .456 .741

.261 .342 .351 .693

Monroe v Podsednik

Podsednik certainly gets on base alot more, but I would still stand by my comparison that Monroe is pretty similar, except instead of a good obp and crappy power he has a crappy obp and good power.

As you can see Podsednik's OPS isn't higher, but I'll agree he's a more valuable player since at least he brings steals to the table on top of his obp.

I dont know where you got those numbers but they arent right.. not according to ESPN

Podsednik .276 AVG .353 OBP .391 SLG .744 OPS

Monroe .245 AVG .279 OBP .451 SLG .730 OPS

They are really not similair at all

Yay.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 09:41 PM)
There comes a point where you realize a team has "it". It was obvious early on last season that the White Sox had "it". I'm ready to proclaim that the Tigers have "it" this season.

LMAO. They sure replied. :D