Official Game Thread 6/30 - Sox vs Cubs 1:20

Big Jon has been a bit shaky against the cubs, 2-4 with a 5.18 ERA, but it's time to reverse the trend and pitch a gem. Jacque has some pretty good numbers against Garland so watch out for him. Other than that, lets get the O rolling early and show the loveable loser fans what a 3 game winning streak by a Chicago team looks like.

:gosox2: :bringit :gosox3:

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Jon needs to throw strikes today, get ahead and stay ahead. He also needs to pound in on righties.

This is a bad hitting cubs team that he is facing. They are not too terribly patient, and you can get them to pound that sinker into the dirt.

Strike one, get ahead, make them hit your pitch and we can call a whitesox winner.

The wind in chicago is out of the southwest today.... So it will be blowing out.

I'm not sure who that favors today. The sox certainly have more power... but Garland has given a ton of homers this year (19).

We've all seen how lucrative Wrigley can be when the wind is going out....

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 10:52 AM)
Doesn't Marshall have a nasty curve? I hope he doesn't get it over today.

This is the third day in a row they have faced a lefty with similiar velocity and makeup. I dont think that bolds well for Marshall. He is going to get rocked today.

Garland will be fine, the only threat is Derrick "my paw hurts still' Lee.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 10:57 AM)
If the wind's blowing out, I hate Garland's chances today.

yeah... I understand where you are coming from. But this cubs team has the worst slugging percentage in baseball and the second fewest home runs in baseball.

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 11:13 AM)
yeah... I understand where you are coming from. But this cubs team has the worst slugging percentage in baseball and the second fewest home runs in baseball.

That just means they are due like the Pirates were yesterday.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 12:23 PM)
I'm f***ing sick of interleague play. The NL sucks, and it really hurts our lineup to take Thome/Kong out.

I used to like interleague, but it should be limited to less games, and against the "chief" rivals.

I'm with ya. I wanna get back to Al vs. AL ball to get our line up in the groove again.