Official Soccer Thread

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 13, 2008 -> 05:52 PM)
I'd say Fabregas is one of the top 5 players in the world actually SoxFan1.

His standing in England has risen HUGELY this season.

Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi, Kaka and Fabregas argubly the top 4 players in the world right now, and they're all 25 or under.

I'd keep Ronaldhino in that top 4 still before including Fabregas.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best player in soccer is always hard to measure. However Cesc has played unreal and has shown amazing talent ever since being called up. With the shift in philosophy after the departure of Henry he has really had his chance to shine.

However, being partial to my Liverpool boys Gerrard is still the most talented pure midfielder playing in England

QUOTE(KWs OK for Me @ Feb 16, 2008 -> 01:20 AM)
The best player in soccer is always hard to measure. However Cesc has played unreal and has shown amazing talent ever since being called up. With the shift in philosophy after the departure of Henry he has really had his chance to shine.

However, being partial to my Liverpool boys Gerrard is still the most talented pure midfielder playing in England

What a terrible game today. With LFC effectively out of the EPL race, is there any (good) reason why Benitez was fielding such a (relatively) weak squad to start? I know they're banged up a bit but damn -- you kind of deserve that result when you don't start Gerrard, Torres AND Reina.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Feb 16, 2008 -> 08:59 PM)
What a terrible game today. With LFC effectively out of the EPL race, is there any (good) reason why Benitez was fielding such a (relatively) weak squad to start? I know they're banged up a bit but damn -- you kind of deserve that result when you don't start Gerrard, Torres AND Reina.

There's a Champs League tie on Tuesday, right?

TYKES!

The UEFA stuff, especially as you move into the knockout round, is really fun to watch, I must admit. However, Internazionale fans should be pissed. The two yellow cards against the guy that got kicked out were both quick (within the first 25 minutes of the game IIRC), and neither was even worthy of a card, even the announcers were ripping on it. But as a result, it's 11 on 10 the rest of the game and Liverpool just wore them down, leading to the events of the last 10 minutes. I hate when refs play a large part in the results of games.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Feb 19, 2008 -> 04:40 PM)
f***in' Stephen Gerrard! "What a hit, son -- what a hit!"

That goal was just ridiculous! How quickly it went from Liverpool squandering a golden oppurtunity of 60 minutes of man up futbol to being in the drivers seat for the return leg. Plus Materazzi will miss the return leg as a result of the rojo. And Cordobas injury looked like it could be serious, but theres still three weeks.

Bah, lady luck was definitely not on Inter's side.

Materrazzi didn't deserve to be sent off. Didn't see the 1st yellow card, but heard that was very debatable. As for the 2nd, Torres went to ground, as soon as there was the SLIGHTEST of contact. Don't think it's really right for Rafa to be standing and pointing up 2 fingers as well. Becoming quite a deluded man is Rafa.

I think Inter will get them on the 2nd leg though.

QUOTE(KWs OK for Me @ Feb 19, 2008 -> 07:51 PM)
Did anyone watch the Roma-Madrid match? The two commentators for that game might be the most boring pair I have ever had the displeasure of listening to

haha i agree, glad you noticed too.

I wish they used phil hudson the guy on gol tv,he is nutty.

Go ARSENAL...cmon you gunners.

• 4 weeks later...