Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

rumor has it edge will be cashing in the mitb on friday (or should i say the tuesday taping of the friday show). undertaker will beat batista, and then edge will cash it in. taker will then have surgery, and be out 6-8 months, and batista will have a fued with mark henry, who should be returning soon.

now with kennedy going to be missing 5-7 months, who will edge fued with? king booker? kane?

what does everyone think?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(longshot7 @ May 8, 2007 -> 01:44 PM)
Yes, the loss of Undertaker and Kennedy hurts the Smackdown brand a lot, but what WWE has done in the past (and it's easier now with the end of brand-exclusiveness) is move guys over to the brand that's hurting. Why not move Snitsky and maybe bring up The Ripper to SD, and add the returning Rey Mysterio & Mark Henry and there you go. You can also push the Cruisers and spread the Punk/Burke feud between the two brands.

What I didnt like about last night (and I understand the need to move the briefcase in case he's not back) is the way Kennedy looked like a complete tool in accepting the match and then telling the ref to ring the bell once he was already f'ed up. Yes, some guys are more guts than brains, but Kennedy stood apart from this pack as a fairly smart guy. Most of this will be forgotten by the time he returns (unless they keep him on tv while he's healing) but still. Also, I LOVE Edge - definitely in my top 3 top guys right now, but does he need the briefcase? What I'd like is for him to put it up against another up and comer, say Punk after the Burke feud, or even Johnny Nitro, lose it and then have the two of them feud for a couple months over it some more, elevating them in the process. Edge should be the champ, but as this isn't going to happen anytime soon, this would be a good use for him.

random things: Khali isn't going to beat Cena - how do they keep this feud going? Get Vince off my TV. I don't care. His storyline isn't going to make me order PPV. It might make me download it illegally however. Loved the Women's match last night too - hey, they're actually wrestling! Great stuff. Is Beth Phoenix ever coming back up?

The loss of Taker and Kennedy isn't a huge deal. Look at what losing HHH did for the Raw side you had a ton of fresh match-ups because they we're forced to do something different. If Edge does indeed win the belt on Smackdown, Batista can chase Edge for the title, Taker can come for him when he returns, you got Benoit whom I figure will drop the US to MVP~!

As for Kennedy losing the case, yeah, they had to get it off him. I think the whole Mania deal was BS anyway. I don't even have a problem with how they did it. To a point it was perfect booking, if the idea is to make him a face when he returns. Storyline wise, yeah, Edge needs the briefcase to cash in tonight in theory.

First, he wasn't a dumb face like Sting who has historically always been played to be. He got right in the face of Edge and didn't back down from his challenge. He was jumped from behind and f***ed over, he didn't give up after the beating and tried to go after Edge. So, in the process Edge came off for the better, and when Kennedy comes back he's got a ready made fued with Edge, who should still be champ by then. And he'll be a huge face coming back to kick ass. I think they made the best out of this situation.

To soon to do anything with Burke, and Punk isn't loved by the higher ups as well all know. I love Nitro but I think he ends up taking some heat because of Melina.

------

As for Khali-Cena, the match will be bad and we move on from there. You'd think with the way this has ben built the story is HBK wins the belt, Cena chases after it and then HHH comes back and we're off from there.

Vince isn't going anywhere anytime soon. It's a vanity promotion

Candice has improved in the ring and the management has noticed it and she's getting rewarded for it. JR mentions it all the time on his blog an Raw.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ May 8, 2007 -> 06:57 PM)
rumor has it edge will be cashing in the mitb on friday (or should i say the tuesday taping of the friday show). undertaker will beat batista, and then edge will cash it in. taker will then have surgery, and be out 6-8 months, and batista will have a fued with mark henry, who should be returning soon.

now with kennedy going to be missing 5-7 months, who will edge fued with? king booker? kane?

what does everyone think?

Booker is hurt right now.

I said in the other post I made, I could Benoit getting a run vs. Edge once he loses the US title to MVP. I could see Mysterio back as a challenger as well.

Can't wait to hear Henry's music again. :headbang

P.S. if you don't wanna know about Edge possibly cashing in etc...stay away from wwe.com until after SD airs. They have a habit of posting stuff there is something big happens at the tapings.

QUOTE(Brian @ May 8, 2007 -> 07:38 PM)
P.S. if you don't wanna know about Edge possibly cashing in etc...stay away from wwe.com until after SD airs. They have a habit of posting stuff there is something big happens at the tapings.

Or your cell phone if you have the mobile service.

Looking forward to watching the show.

Well, so much for not spoiling SD before it airs - anyone who watched ECW saw them announce it live on air - nevermind the fact that Smackdown is presented as "live" to the audience on Fridays. I would've liked to be surprised by watching SD on Friday - now I'll watch it whenever.

BTW, I love the new champ. Can't wait to see what happens - but the surprise is lessened by not only putting it on a taped show - but also spoiling it themselves on ECW and WWE.com as a way to beat the dirt sheets to it. WWE, sometimes you suck. Atleast the headline was great - "Pittsburgh Stealer."

Also, whoever posted the rumor above before the taping, you suck too. What about spoiler tags at least?

Edited by longshot7

QUOTE(longshot7 @ May 8, 2007 -> 11:04 PM)
Well, so much for not spoiling SD before it airs - anyone who watched ECW saw them announce it live on air - nevermind the fact that Smackdown is presented as "live" to the audience on Fridays. I would've liked to be surprised by watching SD on Friday - now I'll watch it whenever.

BTW, I love the new champ. Can't wait to see what happens - but the surprise is lessened by not only putting it on a taped show - but also spoiling it themselves on ECW and WWE.com as a way to beat the dirt sheets to it. WWE, sometimes you suck. Atleast the headline was great - "Pittsburgh Stealer."

Also, whoever posted the rumor above before the taping, you suck too. What about spoiler tags at least?

As I like to call it, the "Foley" by telling the people a title's changing hands they wanna see how it's gonna go down. I know i'll be watching, even though I would of liked to be surprised...but what can ya do.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ May 9, 2007 -> 12:59 AM)
As I like to call it, the "Foley" by telling the people a title's changing hands they wanna see how it's gonna go down. I know i'll be watching, even though I would of liked to be surprised...but what can ya do.

Ha, I was gonna post the exact same thing. I bet SD ratings are huge Friday, but it sucks they ruined it.

I didn't watch ECW, can't believe they announced it on there as well.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ May 9, 2007 -> 01:33 PM)
OTOH, the Punk/CorVon match was good. Punk sold like crazy and it made CorVon look good. Elijah interferes and CorVon hits The Pounce. They announced Punk/Burke for Judgment Day.

The reviews of the Punk/Burke matches from house shows have been very, very good.

That's good news.

I'd expect a Kennedy/Edge feud when he comes back, and that could be very entertaining.

In other news, I read this about the Smackdown tapings:

NOTES: The end of the Undertaker-Batista match will need some editing. Batista was late climbing out of the cage... leaving the Undertaker waiting, which when you are hanging from the outside of a cage, it seemed like forever. Then the worst ever exposing of a match then occured as Taker shouted "1-2-3 jump" to Batista. Pretty sure everyone saw it and heard it.

Batista really, really sucks.

QUOTE(The Critic @ May 10, 2007 -> 03:12 AM)
That's good news.

I'd expect a Kennedy/Edge feud when he comes back, and that could be very entertaining.

In other news, I read this about the Smackdown tapings:

NOTES: The end of the Undertaker-Batista match will need some editing. Batista was late climbing out of the cage... leaving the Undertaker waiting, which when you are hanging from the outside of a cage, it seemed like forever. Then the worst ever exposing of a match then occured as Taker shouted "1-2-3 jump" to Batista. Pretty sure everyone saw it and heard it.

Batista really, really sucks.

But...but...but...he's a hoss! Are you not impressed with the rippling muscles and a lame ass sit out powerbomb?

The students at my school are all pissed off that Edge won the belt from Taker. They hate all the heels. So, I keep promoting Vince. They also don't like that I am a huge Kennedy fan and an Edgehead. It is so much fun to make fun of Cena and Batista.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ May 10, 2007 -> 05:37 AM)
But...but...but...he's a hoss! Are you not impressed with the rippling muscles and a lame ass sit out powerbomb?The students at my school are all pissed off that Edge won the belt from Taker. They hate all the heels. So, I keep promoting Vince. They also don't like that I am a huge Kennedy fan and an Edgehead. It is so much fun to make fun of Cena and Batista.

It is truly an awful finishing move. Batista never completes the move and always ends up splayed out falling backwards

QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ May 9, 2007 -> 06:02 PM)
Mr Kennedy to be back in 6 to 8 weeks:

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/kennedyupdate2

4 to 6 weeks. See below from PWInsider:

The WWE's official website is reporting that the initial diagnosis of Ken Kennedy's triceps injury has turned out to be incorrect and the triceps was not torn off the bone as originally feared. Kennedy was examined today by Dr. James Andrews and will not need to undergo surgery.

WWE's Dr. Ferdinand Rios was quoted by the WWE website as hoping Kennedy can return to the ring within 4-6 weeks, a far cry from the expected 5-7 months he would have been out of the ring. Kennedy suffered the injury at the Poughkeepsie, NY house show over the weekend.

Kennedy already has a readymade feud waiting for him when he can return as Edge defeated him for the Money in the Bank title shot this past Monday on Raw, paving the way for a major angle that will air this Friday on Smackdown.

QUOTE(The Critic @ May 11, 2007 -> 04:41 PM)
Rob Conway and Too Cold Scorpio were released by WWE in the past couple of days.

I didn't realize either of them were even on the payroll anymore.

The last time I remember Conway was a pay per view where a bunch of hall of famers and soon-to-be hall of famers were in the ring, and he came in and talked smack and got beat down by Superfly Snuka and Dusty Rhodes. He had some wierd bondage outfit going on, I remember thinking to myself that he reminded me of Buff Bagwell when Buff was on his way out. Conway never got a shot after the French Connection(I think that was their name) broke up. Then again, Rene Dupree hasnt gotten much of a shot himself.

I dont think I have ever seen Too Cold Scorpio on television.

QUOTE(The Critic @ May 11, 2007 -> 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rob Conway and Too Cold Scorpio were released by WWE in the past couple of days.

I didn't realize either of them were even on the payroll anymore.

Luck Too Cold. This whole time he was being paid to sit at home.

They could've brought him in as an ECW original or tag him up with Ron Simmons.