Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Codemned should be out of theatres by now. Now stop these advertisements.

EDIT: randyortonsnightoutbb4op3.jpg

MRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. KKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDYYYYY starting a feud with Edge?

He wrestled in a house show last night btw.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 7, 2007 -> 09:52 PM)
Kennedys injury is serious, his MITB shot is over.

Which is garbage if he doesn't win it back at Judgement Day. He could have surgery and heal before WM 24. That is the beauty of him making the announcement. Ack! They panicked.

Edge better win the WHC Friday to make it worth while.

PWInsider.com:

For those wondering why Ken Kennedy lost the Money in the Bank briefcase to Edge and was completely laid out tonight during Monday Night Raw, the reason is Kennedy suffered a horrible tricep tear over the weekend, tearing it right off the bone during a house show in Poughkeepsie, New York. Kennedy is scheduled to undergo surgery shortly and is expected to out of the ring for an estimated five to seven months.

Given the way he was written out, one would think Kennedy will be returning as a babyface but given the way the company changes plans daily, I wouldn't consider that a given until it happens.

note from me:

Hey, can everyone on Soxtalk make a gentlemen's agreement not to spoil Smackdown (which tapes tomorrow) until it airs? Everyone knows there's going to be a title change - I'd like not to know what happens beforehand. OKAY?

QUOTE(longshot7 @ May 8, 2007 -> 02:35 AM)
note from me:

Hey, can everyone on Soxtalk make a gentlemen's agreement not to spoil Smackdown (which tapes tomorrow) until it airs? Everyone knows there's going to be a title change - I'd like not to know what happens beforehand. OKAY?

agreed.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ May 8, 2007 -> 09:57 AM)
Wow does the modern state of pro-wrestling absolutly SUCK.

In the past month or so, it has been getting better, but now that their WHC is gonna be out for awhile and their biggest up and comer, things are being halted.

The summer months are when I was always excited to be a wrestling fan as a kid. I hope they can keep the turn around going. And by going, I mean job Khali and release him.

QUOTE(Brian @ May 8, 2007 -> 10:41 AM)
In the past month or so, it has been getting better, but now that their WHC is gonna be out for awhile and their biggest up and comer, things are being halted.

The summer months are when I was always excited to be a wrestling fan as a kid. I hope they can keep the turn around going. And by going, I mean job Khali and release him.

What, you arent intimidated when he raises his arms and goes "Raaaawr!"?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 8, 2007 -> 11:39 AM)
What, you arent intimidated when he raises his arms and goes "Raaaawr!"?

Will this be the first wrestler to get a push, that doesn't even talk or have a manager to talk for him?

QUOTE(Y2HH @ May 8, 2007 -> 07:57 AM)
Wow does the modern state of pro-wrestling absolutly SUCK.

Why?

Yes, the loss of Undertaker and Kennedy hurts the Smackdown brand a lot, but what WWE has done in the past (and it's easier now with the end of brand-exclusiveness) is move guys over to the brand that's hurting. Why not move Snitsky and maybe bring up The Ripper to SD, and add the returning Rey Mysterio & Mark Henry and there you go. You can also push the Cruisers and spread the Punk/Burke feud between the two brands.

What I didnt like about last night (and I understand the need to move the briefcase in case he's not back) is the way Kennedy looked like a complete tool in accepting the match and then telling the ref to ring the bell once he was already f'ed up. Yes, some guys are more guts than brains, but Kennedy stood apart from this pack as a fairly smart guy. Most of this will be forgotten by the time he returns (unless they keep him on tv while he's healing) but still. Also, I LOVE Edge - definitely in my top 3 top guys right now, but does he need the briefcase? What I'd like is for him to put it up against another up and comer, say Punk after the Burke feud, or even Johnny Nitro, lose it and then have the two of them feud for a couple months over it some more, elevating them in the process. Edge should be the champ, but as this isn't going to happen anytime soon, this would be a good use for him.

random things: Khali isn't going to beat Cena - how do they keep this feud going? Get Vince off my TV. I don't care. His storyline isn't going to make me order PPV. It might make me download it illegally however. Morella is a good gimmick, but what happens if he loses the title to a schlub like Masters? Sunday Night Heat, that's what. Keep the belt on him. Loved the Women's match last night too - hey, they're actually wrestling! Great stuff. Is Beth Phoenix ever coming back up?

Edited by longshot7

QUOTE(longshot7 @ May 8, 2007 -> 01:44 PM)
Why?

Yes, the loss of Undertaker and Kennedy hurts the Smackdown brand a lot, but what WWE has done in the past (and it's easier now with the end of brand-exclusiveness) is move guys over to the brand that's hurting. Why not move Snitsky and maybe bring up The Ripper to SD, and add the returning Rey Mysterio & Mark Henry and there you go. You can also push the Cruisers and spread the Punk/Burke feud between the two brands.

What I didnt like about last night (and I understand the need to move the briefcase in case he's not back) is the way Kennedy looked like a complete tool in accepting the match and then telling the ref to ring the bell once he was already f'ed up. Yes, some guys are more guts than brains, but Kennedy stood apart from this pack as a fairly smart guy. Most of this will be forgotten by the time he returns (unless they keep him on tv while he's healing) but still. Also, I LOVE Edge - definitely in my top 3 top guys right now, but does he need the briefcase? What I'd like is for him to put it up against another up and comer, say Punk after the Burke feud, or even Johnny Nitro, lose it and then have the two of them feud for a couple months over it some more, elevating them in the process. Edge should be the champ, but as this isn't going to happen anytime soon, this would be a good use for him.

random things: Khali isn't going to beat Cena - how do they keep this feud going? Get Vince off my TV. I don't care. His storyline isn't going to make me order PPV. It might make me download it illegally however. Morella is a good gimmick, but what happens if he loses the title to a schlub like Masters? Sunday Night Heat, that's what. Keep the belt on him. Loved the Women's match last night too - hey, they're actually wrestling! Great stuff. Is Beth Phoenix ever coming back up?

I agree/disagree on some of these...Deuce & Domino just don't do it for me, maybe it's the gimmick. I'd much rather them actually have one set of tag belts and open up the division between all 3 brands, because it's obvious Cryme Tyme & The Highlanders won't be getting any type of push anytime soon.

Snitsky needs a mouthpiece to be effective, i've just about had enough of the big monster hoss who doesn't speak.

IMO, this thing with Edge will only work if he were to jump to Smackdown and win the title there, I think he's main event material...but obviously they're into pushing Cena so Edge is stuck being the guy who doesn't get a shot.

I believe Khali/Cena is being used to tie people over until they figure out where they're going. You can only have so many Cena/HBK matches. I'm also over Vinny Mac, i'm sure he'll drop the strap at Judgment Day (I hope). I just wish it wasn't to Lashley, I don't think i'm supposed to laugh when he's being "mean" on the mic. Whether we like it or not Masters is going to win the IC strap, why? The world will never know. I'm actually surprised they're pushing Candice like this, her wrestling has gotten alot better tho. I do sure hope that HHH is back by SummerSlam.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ May 8, 2007 -> 02:11 PM)
I agree/disagree on some of these...Deuce & Domino just don't do it for me, maybe it's the gimmick.

For me it's the gimmick and the fact that they were the one's to take the belts from Spanky and London. They held the belts for a year or so and lose them to those two, on a pre-taped show... weak.

QUOTE(The Critic @ May 8, 2007 -> 06:15 PM)
Seriously, that guy needs help.

His entire existence these days is yelling and swearing at or about retired wrestlers.

What an insufferable douche.

Lets not forget Michael Jordan, I mean Jackson.

Personally, I'd love to see a new MTv show called "Humbl'd!" starring the Sheik putting people in the camel clutch, suplexing them etc.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ May 8, 2007 -> 06:17 PM)
Lets not forget Michael Jordan, I mean Jackson.

Personally, I'd love to see a new MTV show called "Humbl'd!" starring the Sheik putting people in the camel clutch, suplexing them etc.

Well, I don't want to see the "etc.", especially if his "guest" is B. Brian Blair.

QUOTE(The Critic @ May 8, 2007 -> 06:15 PM)
Seriously, that guy needs help.

His entire existence these days is yelling and swearing at or about retired wrestlers.

What an insufferable douche.

Eh, for some guys the show never ends. This is his gimmick now.