Who Was your favorite wwe/wwf,wcw ect wrestler of all time?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 10:40 AM)
Pff...take a guess.

Brian and whitesox91403, you two are cool in my book.

My all-time hated wrestler is Goldberg, BTW. I can't stand the way they made him unbeatable. I also dislike Lesnar, and you know why if you know about that flight from England.

I also hate Goldberg for the monster push that he got when he didn't even know that many moves. Not to mention him stiff-kicking Bret Hart at a PPV, giving him a concussion and knocking Bret out of the wrestling profession forever.

And Lesnar is another overrated hoss pushed by Vince to insane proportions. That was totall bulls*** that Hall and Hennig got released and Lesnar kept getting his push. Although the funniest part about that flight from Hell story is the detail where Ric Flair supposedly wore nothing but his robe and was flashing people while spinning "it" around.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 04:02 PM)
I also hate Goldberg for the monster push that he got when he didn't even know that many moves. Not to mention him stiff-kicking Bret Hart at a PPV, giving him a concussion and knocking Bret out of the wrestling profession forever.

And Lesnar is another overrated hoss pushed by Vince to insane proportions. That was totall bulls*** that Hall and Hennig got released and Lesnar kept getting his push. Although the funniest part about that flight from Hell story is the detail where Ric Flair supposedly wore nothing but his robe and was flashing people while spinning "it" around.

Haha, yeah. I heard that Flair one, too. Goldberg was a true piece of s*** in my book. I remember the way he ended Bret's career, and then he left WWE because they made him seem human (at least that's what I heard).

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 09:34 PM)
That mid-80s Von Erich league was the best.

It was the part of NWA, then became WCCW.

Gino Hernandez! Not the best, but an outstanding heel. "Two hundred thirty five pounds of twisted steel and sex appeal! I AM YOUR CHAMPION!"

Some seriously bloody matches in that league.

How can we forget The Crusher?

I actually got to meet Baron Von Rashke one time. Really nice guy.

EDIT: Have to give a little love to our former Governor. Jesse was always fun to watch.

Edited by Mplssoxfan

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 09:20 AM)
Without question..

Razor Ramon....who evolved into just Scott Hall.

Unfortunately Halls sleazy, alcoholic persona as a character was too life-like =/

He was actually Scott Hall in The now defucnt AWA, he was tag team champion over there with a young Curt Hennig. After that he went to WCW for the first time, going by a gimmick named The Diamond Studd. He was managed by DDP.

After that didn't work out is when Vince made him into Razor Ramon.

If anybody else remembers, Kevin Nash was actually in WCW at first (pre WWE Diesel days) as two very bad gimmicks of Oz and Vinnie Vegas.

How could I forget about Jake The Snake and The British Bulldog. I liked them guys also.

That flight from hell was crap. Golddust, who I really liked also was released shortly after as well. The whole Perfect/Lesnar thing was crap. Perfect took the fall.

This thread is great, I love to talk old time wrestling.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 10:14 PM)
It was the part of NWA, then became WCCW.

Gino Hernandez! Not the best, but an outstanding heel. "Two hundred thirty five pounds of twisted steel and sex appeal! I AM YOUR CHAMPION!"

Some seriously bloody matches in that league.

How can we forget The Crusher?

I actually got to meet Baron Von Rashke one time. Really nice guy.

EDIT: Have to give a little love to our former Governor. Jesse was always fun to watch.

That is where The Ultimate Warrior got his start as The Dingo Warrior and Rick Rude started getting famous.

QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 02:18 AM)
He was actually Scott Hall in The now defucnt AWA, he was tag team champion over there with a young Curt Hennig. After that he went to WCW for the first time, going by a gimmick named The Diamond Studd. He was managed by DDP.

After that didn't work out is when Vince made him into Razor Ramon.

You are correct sir!

curthenningscotthall.jpg

If anybody else remembers, Kevin Nash was actually in WCW at first (pre WWE Diesel days) as two very bad gimmicks of Oz and Vinnie Vegas.

Oz and Vinnie Vegas -- WrestleCrap at its finest. Wasn't Nash in the same stable with DDP, Diamond Studd (Hall) and a couple others as well when he was in WCW? (pre-nWo)

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 06:31 AM)
i must have missed out on this but what is the "flight from hell crap" people keep making mention of?

In 2002, coming back from England -- a bunch of wrestlers got drunk and harassed flight crew etc. Hennig and Lesnar got in a big argument and a fight broke out on board the plane.

In the aftermath, some of the lowercard members got released (Hennig, Golddust etc.) while Lesnar got to keep his monster push.

When I was growing up my fav was Hacksaw Jim Duggan with Junkyard Dog as a close second.

Hacksaw gets the nod cause he always used to crack me up with that whole HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO routine of his.

I also used to love it when Jesse the Body and Vince McMahon used to announce the matches. Ventura always was like "LOOK HERE McMAHON!!!"

Can someone that liked Goldberg explain to me why you liked him?

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 12:03 PM)
When I was growing up my fav was Hacksaw Jim Duggan with Junkyard Dog as a close second.

Hacksaw gets the nod cause he always used to crack me up with that whole HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO routine of his.

I also used to love it when Jesse the Body and Vince McMahon used to announce the matches. Ventura always was like "LOOK HERE McMAHON!!!"

U-S-A

U-S-A

U-S-A

Looks like Orton got in trouble again;

Apparently WWE have decided not to publicly punish Orton for violating the WWE Wellness Program. In addition to be fined $2,000, Vince McMahon will hire Orton a rehab consultant where he/she will travel on the road with Orton, due to the fact Orton will not be taken off WWE television.

Many stars are outraged at WWE officials and even Vince McMahon for not taking drastic action towards the situation. Paul Heyman is said to be the most outraged, due to the fact that RVD, the star of ECW was suspened for thirty days for something similar to this situation, however, Orton has not even been serverly punished.

One source within WWE commented "This is highly unfair to the entire roster that Orton was not suspened. It's going to make the wellness program look more like a joke because just about everything in WWE leaks online." It should also be noted that Hulk Hogan is the reason Orton didn't get suspened because he played peace-maker during the entire situation. He persuaded Vince to keep Orton, especially with the big Summerslam showdown coming in August.