Red Sox vs. White Sox, 1:05, Game thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 02:59 PM)
Again, will someone please explain to me the logic of having a bad bunter try to get a bunt down in a game you're down 2 with one runner on base?

Especially when the runner is on second, the hitter is left handed so he can naturally pull the ball to the right side. I definitely don't understand the logic.

Meanwhile, Konerko tries to go yard and pops out, I would say i'm suprised but I'm not.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 03:07 PM)
The ump hasnt called that pitch ALL game

That is because its a ball.

Another f***ing pathetic display by Paulie and Dye there.

On the graphic Dye is 3 for his last 18 with men in scoring position since May 24th.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 02:54 PM)
Is anyone starting to think that last year's pitching may have been a fluke? That thought never crossed my mind until a few minutes ago. But, perhaps we just got a lot of fluke seasons out of a few key guys?

I think the only one that we could say that about is Garland. Buehrle is going to pitch better, but he has meltdowns and you can't expect him to shut down good hitting teams like the Red Sox. Contreras is good although he now seems prone to these wildness streaks. Garcia just isn't very good because his stuff dissappeared.