Red Sox vs. White Sox, 1:05, Game thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 03:30 PM)
I wouldnt say that. We've had so many opportunities to score this series and havent cashed in. POOR clutch hitting is why were about to be swept, but i wouldnt say there the better team.

Our over reliance on the dong, and the love of our team for pulling every f***ing pitch no matter where it is in the zone. If its in, then turn on it. If its away go with the pitch. Konerko f***s himself up because he gets into these ruts where he pulls every f***ing pitch. When you see this, you get lots of pop ups, with the suicide shrug. Then you will get lots of GIDP and lots of grounds where he plays pepper with the 3rd baseman. Basically what you have seen in this series.

We are a much better team when we go with the pitch, work the count to get into good hitters counts, then hit the home run when you are in that count. We are a s***ty hitting team when we go up there looking to park every f***ing pitch.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 03:32 PM)
I'm worried about the same exact thing. If we get our asses kicked by the Tigers and Yankees to start the 2nd half, I don't like our chances the rest of the way.

Listen we had a tough time trying to catch the tigers when we were 2 games back much less if we are 6 games back. I realize the tigers will slump a bit but if we are 6 or more games back that would be too many to make up. The last 50 days we could not make up 2 games. In addition, I am a bit miffed of the "its a long season" comment. Its not a long season there are two months left, not 4. In addition the yankees will get hot. We will battle for the wild card, and it will be tough to get that.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 03:30 PM)
Fathom in another thread I mentioned that by the time we get back from detriot we will be 6 games out and no longer in contention for the division. We are playing like s***. This is the first decent pitched game in a long time and now our bats are cooling. We will contend for the wild card and thats it. Detriot will trade for a big name, we will get bullpen help. The yanks will play better and we will go back and forth with them for the wild card.

Sorry folks, tough schedule and Detriot will be too far ahead to catch.

Oh by the way I am a sox fan, but a realistic one.

This seems too pessimistic but there's some merit to what you're saying. Our pitching is not good enough to beat the really good teams. KW should see if there's a quality starter available, otherwise it's hope and pray that our starters magically get better.

I've heard so much about the Tigers fading because they couldn't beat the Red Sox or Yankees. Well, everyone will shut up about that now that we're getting our asses handed to us by Boston.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 03:35 PM)
This seems too pessimistic but there's some merit to what you're saying. Our pitching is not good enough to beat the really good teams. KW should see if there's a quality starter available, otherwise it's hope and pray that our starters magically get better.

I've heard so much about the Tigers fading because they couldn't beat the Red Sox or Yankees. Well, everyone will shut up about that now that we're getting our asses handed to us by Boston.

You were on the thread yesterday, you know what I am saying.