Red Sox vs. White Sox, 1:05, Game thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 03:47 PM)
we had our chance a few innings ago with konerko and dye hitting with a man on third. That was the chance. Now we are screwed. By the way I am sure someone has these stats but Paulie seems to be in a little slump, at least to my eye, especially with runners on. Just in the last two series and especially this series.

All we needed from Paulie was a deep fly for a sac fly. He couldnt do that, he popped it up way too short.

Execution is what is lacking in this series.

Were Jenks and Vazquez the only pitchers on our roster to not allow runs this wknd?

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 08:47 PM)
we had our chance a few innings ago with konerko and dye hitting with a man on third. That was the chance. Now we are screwed. By the way I am sure someone has these stats but Paulie seems to be in a little slump, at least to my eye, especially with runners on. Just in the last two series and especially this series.

You're preaching to the choir about PK's swings lately. The bat speed is lacking.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 03:50 PM)
Were Jenks and Vazquez the only pitchers on our roster to not allow runs this wknd?

You're preaching to the choir about PK's swings lately. The bat speed is lacking.

I don't think Thornton did, either, and the ones charged to Cotts weren't actually allowed by Cotts.

QUOTE(Big Hurtin @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 08:49 PM)
Why are they doing it?, no clue.

Why do I think it's a bad idea? You don't want an incident on a plane, and I think their might be some trash talking after this weekend.

You don't know how athletes really are then.

Edit... professionals are generally just that away from the game.