Red Sox vs. White Sox, 1:05, Game thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 08:28 PM)
Are the Red Sox a better team than us? They have at least looked better than us in every possible way this series.

I think their lineup is much deeper and patient. Besides that, I think these teams are similar. The Red Sox are playing damn good right now though. It's too bad that Ozzie's been severely out-managed this series. When you're slumping, sometimes you need your manager to pull the right buttons and propel you.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 03:28 PM)
Are the Red Sox a better team than us? They have at least looked better than us in every possible way this series.

One series in July doesn't determine that. Hell, they had just come off losing 3 of 4 to the D-rays. We've just played some really, really bad baseball the last 3 days.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 01:28 PM)

I wouldnt say that. We've had so many opportunities to score this series and havent cashed in. POOR clutch hitting is why were about to be swept, but i wouldnt say there the better team.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 03:24 PM)
The Red Sox have outplayed us in every phase of the game this series.

Fathom in another thread I mentioned that by the time we get back from detriot we will be 6 games out and no longer in contention for the division. We are playing like s***. This is the first decent pitched game in a long time and now our bats are cooling. We will contend for the wild card and thats it. Detriot will trade for a big name, we will get bullpen help. The yanks will play better and we will go back and forth with them for the wild card.

Sorry folks, tough schedule and Detriot will be too far ahead to catch.

Oh by the way I am a sox fan, but a realistic one.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 08:30 PM)
Fathom in another thread I mentioned that by the time we get back from detriot we will be 6 games out and no longer in contention for the division. We are playing like s***. This is the first decent pitched game in a long time and now our bats are cooling. We will contend for the wild card and thats it. Detriot will trade for a big name, we will get bullpen help. The yanks will play better and we will go back and forth with them for the wild card.

I'm worried about the same exact thing. If we get our asses kicked by the Tigers and Yankees to start the 2nd half, I don't like our chances the rest of the way.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 03:30 PM)

Quickman, just stop. We're all frustrated right now. But we don't need silly s*** like this.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 03:29 PM)
I think their lineup is much deeper and patient. Besides that, I think these teams are similar. The Red Sox are playing damn good right now though. It's too bad that Ozzie's been severely out-managed this series. When you're slumping, sometimes you need your manager to pull the right buttons and propel you.

The thing is, we've been claiming to be better than the Tigers this entire year, despite having a worse record than them.

Now the Red Sox come into our city and absolutely molest us. They've looked better than us in any way you can come up with. So despite having a better record than them (much like the Tigers to us), they seem like a better team.