AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!!&#

NUKE_CLEVELAND

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 07:32 PM)
With Cliffy on the mound in that last inning I was on the edge of my seat.

WHEW!!!!!!!

The key to Cliff is pitching him when everyone is tired out. It's like Homer when he's boxing.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With Cliffy on the mound in that last inning I was on the edge of my seat.

WHEW!!!!!!!

Dude, when I saw Cliff warming up in the pen, I was like, 'No, no, no, no, no... when you play a f***ing eighteen inning game, you want to WIN..."

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 07:36 PM)
Dude, when I saw Cliff warming up in the pen, I was like, 'No, no, no, no, no... when you play a f***ing eighteen inning game, you want to WIN..."

Ozzie left BMAC in there as long as he possibly could. I was almost as worried about BMAC making a mistake and giving up a gopher ball before it even got to Cliff.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ozzie left BMAC in there as long as he possibly could. I was almost as worried about BMAC making a mistake and giving up a gopher ball before it even got to Cliff.

Ditto.

You know what's really funny? looking at the stats and seeing someone on the sawx who went 0-9 :lolhitting

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 07:50 PM)
Anyone remember that Contreras started today? Or how about that Papelbon actually allowed a run on the road?

Blowing his third save and allowing his second HR of the season. His ERA jumped from .41 to .59.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 07:54 PM)
Blowing his third save and allowing his second HR of the season. His ERA jumped from .41 to .59.

So are you trying to tell me that Cliff's era is no longer 16 times more than Papelbon's?

Edited by Rowand44

I hate the Boston Red Sox, and so coming into this series I was hoping to defeat them, and not just defeat them, but embarrass them. Unfortunately, they kicked Buehrle around, and Freddy, too. But I'd been getting into it with a friend of mine who loves Boston, and I promised her that we would bring Papelbon to Earth here in Chicago. Coming into the series, I thought htat only one thing would make me happier than blasting off on Papelbon, and that was supposed to be a sweep. That didn't happen. But something better did, for my viewing pleasure, at least.

I loved it when Thome hit a line off of Schilling. I only wish it'd hit his big mouth.

If anyone has a picture of the Schilling hit, do share.

i stayed for 14 1/2 innings then had to leave to catch a flight.

saw the last inning at Midway airport with a bunch of obnoxious (are there any other kind?) of Red Sox fans.

huge win.

big stones from JD.

great pen work.

and it's wonderful to humanize Papelbon, who has already been given the rookie of the year and maybe the cy young by the BoSox network, also known as ESPN.

just glad there are no games for four days.

exhausting.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 07:59 PM)
Wow! I just got to my hotel in Allentown, PA thinking the game was over hours ago. What a pleasant surprise.

cool I'm on vacation in Philly right now..

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 08:22 PM)
I loved it when Thome hit a line off of Schilling. I only wish it'd hit his big mouth.

If anyone has a picture of the Schilling hit, do share.

Yeah, that was awesome. I can't imagine how much getting drilled by Thome must hurt.