Poppy's 2nd Half Predictions....

POPPY_HIDALGO

57-31 in the 1st half. Pretty damn good. This has been a great year if Sox baseball and the memories keep adding up as the day's go by. That win over the Red Sox was a marathon of the lord looking down upon his favorite team giving them a wink and lifting them up above their competitors yet again. Simply beautiful to watch.

I smell a trade, probably the Sox sending Vazquez to someplace. I don't know. I don't think they need help anywhere, but Kenny might just have a blockbuster in mind that will make everyone happy.

15 starts for each starter left. Here are my predictions for their records.

Buehrle 12-1

Contrerras 10-0

Garcia 6-4

Garland 9-1

McCarthy 5-2

Look for a huge second half where the sox completely step everything up even more and make the Tigers a distant memory. I predict a second half run of 62-12. Then a roll through in the playoffs culminating in the White Sox winning the world championship for the second straight year.

Anyway you look at it this year adds up to a world series title. There is not a team out there who can beat the Sox in a full series.

:gosox1:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are very wrong Poppy, just like you were before the season started.

QUOTE(POPPY_HIDALGO @ Jul 12, 2006 -> 10:22 AM)
There is not a team out there who can beat the Sox in a full series.

I guess we are ignoring the fact that Boston just took 2 of 3 from us in Chicago, right?

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 12, 2006 -> 09:58 AM)
You are very wrong Poppy, just like you were before the season started.

I guess we are ignoring the fact that Boston just took 2 of 3 from us in Chicago, right?

I think he means five or more games where the entire rotation would be tested.

QUOTE(POPPY_HIDALGO @ Jul 12, 2006 -> 09:22 AM)
57-31 in the 1st half. Pretty damn good. This has been a great year if Sox baseball and the memories keep adding up as the day's go by. That win over the Red Sox was a marathon of the lord looking down upon his favorite team giving them a wink and lifting them up above their competitors yet again. Simply beautiful to watch.

I smell a trade, probably the Sox sending Vazquez to someplace. I don't know. I don't think they need help anywhere, but Kenny might just have a blockbuster in mind that will make everyone happy.

Buehrle 12-1

Contrerras 10-0

Garcia 6-4

Garland 9-1

McCarthy 5-2

Look for a huge second half where the sox completely step everything up even more and make the Tigers a distant memory. I predict a second half run of 62-12. Then a roll through in the playoffs culminating in the White Sox winning the world championship for the second straight year.

Anyway you look at it this year adds up to a world series title. There is not a team out there who can beat the Sox in a full series.

You might be crazy, but I like it. I'm rooting hard for your scenario.

And I think Vazquez...HE GONE!

QUOTE(Beltin @ Jul 12, 2006 -> 11:04 AM)

Which would mean we'd have to play games in Boston too, where they are better than they are on the road.

QUOTE(Beltin @ Jul 12, 2006 -> 10:04 AM)

minnesota could beat us in a 5 game series where they could set their rotation

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 12, 2006 -> 10:21 AM)
minnesota could beat us in a 5 game series where they could set their rotation

I disagree. Liriano is going to be great, but he's only gone around the league once. Let's see what happens the second time around. also, he got, what, like 3 wins off the NL? Santana is one win, but I'm not ready to label Liriano as good as Santana, yet.

As for the Sox, I say they hit 98 wins and win the division.

QUOTE(SoxFan76 @ Jul 12, 2006 -> 10:08 AM)
Buerhle 8-4

Contreras 10-2

Garcia 8-5

Garland 9-2

Vazquez 3-4, then HE GONE...

McCarthy 6-2

Be right back, I need some more kool-aid ;)

Thats along more or less what I was thinking. I think the SOX are going to see things WAY TOUGHER

the 2nd Half, with the emergence of the Twinkies (I thought Cleveland would Emerge and make things tough) I knew it would be somebody emerging in the AL Central to make things tougher for everyone else, which is why it was So Damaging the stupid losses the SOX incurred 1st Half (the Loss vs KC in April, the 2 cub giveaway games etc etc) We are going to have to put our HOPES in another team, that is, that the TWINKS can bulldoze the TIGERS while we KEEP WINNING (and of course, beat Minnesota also)

Buehrle will be slightly above .500. Garcia and Garland are going to RISE UP and do very well down the stretch. Vazquez unfortuneately, wont do well, but continue to Regress ................

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jul 12, 2006 -> 10:14 AM)
You might be crazy, but I like it. I'm rooting hard for your scenario.

And I think Vazquez...HE GONE!

Personally, I dont think Vasquez is the one who would be traded. I think Freddie is the next in line to go.

If the Sox could net a solid to very good reliever and a good prospect with upside in return for Freddie it would make a lot of sense. You improve your bullpen by adding a good reliever and moving B-Mac ( who is not suited to relief) into a starting slot. I think you also improve the rotation because B-Mac (the starter) is a definite improvement over Freddie Garcia(version 2006). You also replenish the pipeline of minor league prospects.

I dont know if vasquez is a better pitcher than Freddie rightnow, but he certainly has better "stuff"..

QUOTE(LEXNLIV @ Jul 12, 2006 -> 11:03 AM)
Personally, I dont think Vasquez is the one who would be traded. I think Freddie is the next in line to go.

If the Sox could net a solid to very good reliever and a good prospect with upside in return for Freddie it would make a lot of sense. You improve your bullpen by adding a good reliever and moving B-Mac ( who is not suited to relief) into a starting slot. I think you also improve the rotation because B-Mac (the starter) is a definite improvement over Freddie Garcia(version 2006). You also replenish the pipeline of minor league prospects.

I dont know if vasquez is a better pitcher than Freddie rightnow, but he certainly has better "stuff"..

Am I the only one who's been pondering what we might be able to get in exchange for Garcia and Podsednik this offseason?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 12, 2006 -> 01:06 PM)
Am I the only one who's been pondering what we might be able to get in exchange for Garcia and Podsednik this offseason?

No, i have that thought in my mind too.

QUOTE(POPPY_HIDALGO @ Jul 12, 2006 -> 02:22 PM)

Buehrle 12-1

Contrerras 10-0

Garcia 6-4

Garland 9-1

McCarthy 5-2

This is Poppy's "new" self - you know, the one who bashed everything the Sox did last season. Ignore Mr. Oz. :P

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 12, 2006 -> 12:06 PM)

Isn't Posednik a free agent after this year? Or is there an option on his contract.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jul 12, 2006 -> 04:26 PM)
62-12??? Did you forget the green? There is no way in hell a baseball team will have that kind of record.

If the Sox were an NL team....it might be possible but not too probable

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Jul 12, 2006 -> 10:29 AM)
I disagree. Liriano is going to be great, but he's only gone around the league once. Let's see what happens the second time around. also, he got, what, like 3 wins off the NL? Santana is one win, but I'm not ready to label Liriano as good as Santana, yet.

As for the Sox, I say they hit 98 wins and win the division.

Liriano is better than Santana.

They are both friggin amazing, but Liriano is spectacular...he is a friggin freak of nature. Ridiculous stuff, some of the best I have ever seen. If he stays healthy, he is going to be amazing.

And he was a throw-in

/necessary pot-shot at Sabean