Wickman to the Braves

Felix

Braves get Wickman from Indians

Ken Rosenthal / FOXSports.com

Posted: 37 minutes ago

The Braves finally obtained a closer Thursday, acquiring right-hander Bob Wickman from the Indians for Class A catcher Max Ramirez, FOXSports.com has learned.

Wickman is 1-4 this season with a 4.18 ERA and 15 saves.

Wickman, 37, had to approve the deal as a player with 10 years of major league service, five with the same team.

Braves manager Bobby Cox had wanted the team to add a closer, believing he can get through the seventh and eighth innings with his current relievers.

The Braves showed mild interest in Wickman as a free agent last off-season, but Wickman re-signed with the Indians. Chris Reitsma then flopped as the Braves' closer before getting injured.

For the Indians, the trade of Wickman creates an opportunity for right-hander Fausto Carmona to pitch in save situations.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5799836

QUOTE(loltrain @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 02:56 PM)
Two notes:

1. This makes the Reds trade look even crappier

2. The AL Central no longer has a monopoly on fat closers :)

I still dont think that Reds trade was all that bad, Clayton is actually playing pretty good and they got two solid young bullpen arms.. but yeah, they could have gotten more

Haha, I did find your number two hilarious though

QUOTE(T R U @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 04:43 PM)
I still dont think that Reds trade was all that bad, Clayton is actually playing pretty good and they got two solid young bullpen arms.. but yeah, they could have gotten more

Haha, I did find your number two hilarious though

Have you seen what Majewski has done since getting to the Reds? P.A.T.H.E.T.I.C.

2IP, 7H, 5ER

His numbers were pretty bad before he even got to Cincy, 25BB/37K? Who the hell wants a guy with that sort of ratio? I really don't see Gary as being much more than a journeyman in the future.