AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX LOSER

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 04:41 PM)
So when do I bash my head through a wall and jump off the cliff?

Every time Chris Widger starts. And when you do it, leave a note blaming Widger. It'll be better that way.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 03:39 PM)
Zumaya looked good, REALLY good. But our 3-4-5 cant hit for $hit right now. Sure Pk had a 2 homer night on tuesday, but other than that, they've been brutal of late

Well, Im not a Thome Hater, believe me, but we needed BETTER AT BATS from him. I know hes historically been a strikeout artist, but everyones made the adjustment on him, and he needs to do likewise before its too late for us.

Those of you commenting on why we don't sub for a game as important as this, I'm on your side. I'm just fronting a comment my co-worker said.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was it not the pattern in 2005 that we'd send in the "B" squad only if we'd already won the series? That made sense, because if you win most of your series, you're in good shape. Not that the third game was a throwaway, but in the long haul this made sense.

Yet not only had we not won this series but it is a CRUCIAL series to our division rival on whom we're trying to gain ground.

I don't want to armchair-QB Ozzie, but I just don't get this.

And we should point out one bright spot: the starting pitching has been good lately. Garland looked great, Javy looked great until the Big Inning, and Jose only gave up two runs to the best team in baseball.

It's the "O" that killed us in this series. There is no reason we should not have come back last night. I agree with the guy who said last night's loss was even tougher. We were looking like the shut 'em down 2005 Sox last night and then it all vanished.

Edited by LVSoxFan

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 03:31 PM)
No more flimsy than people throwing in the towel on 7/20 for frack's sake.

Why is that idea so foreign to you? Cleveland was godawful 1st half last year and you know what happened. We were the best overall until one month last year we slumped. We have not strung together any sizeable streak thus far which means one of two things:

1) We're just not a good team and one that doesn't click

2) We haven't clicked YET so when we do....

So which one do you choose? I'll take two, and until we're mathematically out of it, I'm not joining you on the ledge. And BTW trust me: I have forgotten about last year completely. This is so obviously not 2005.

I don't even believe you, or several others posters who quoted me, know what you're arguing about. Where do you get the impression I'm "on the ledge?" Reading comprehension isn't difficult on a post covering a whole two paragraphs.

Personally, unless Williams upgrades the rotation (ie, move Garcia), I'm concerned of our playoff chances. I'm not about to jump off my house, or any other scenario you want to cite which suggests I'm about to kill myself. These last few series have raised doubts in my mind, among others, that our ballclub doesn't match up well against good competition.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 03:46 PM)
I don't even believe you, or several others posters who quoted me, know what you're arguing about. Where do you get the impression I'm "on the ledge?" Reading comprehension isn't difficult on a post covering a whole two paragraphs.

Personally, unless Williams upgrades the rotation (ie, move Garcia), I'm concerned of our playoff chances. I'm not about to jump off my house, or any other scenario you want to cite which suggests I'm about to kill myself. These last few series have raised doubts in my mind, among others, that our ballclub doesn't match up well against good competition.

Actually I don't know what WE'RE arguing about, because I'm sharing your concern, totally.

I just don't think it's time to give up yet on the idea that we have not clicked. Give me a month. Then I'LL jump off the ledge. :bang

The "ledge" comment is addressed to the board at large, not you individually.

What does any of this have to do with him being a great prospect or not? He is a great prospect.

No, he wasn't on any top 50 MLB prospect list before this year. What's your point?

My point is that he isn't a great prospect. He's a good prospect. And if we can trade him to upgrade this team because we have a shot at the WS this year, then we should. Have I not been clear about that?

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 08:35 PM)
Is he even a top 50 MLB prospect? No. He shouldn't be untouchable. This team CAN win the WS this year. If we can upgrade the team by trading him, then we should.

Um, he easily will be in the top 50. Most prospect experts believe he's a top 10 offensive prospect.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 03:51 PM)
Oh, so when you quoted my post, wrote "I'm not joining you on the ledge," you were referring to the all-knowing "you." :D

If I lumped you in unfairly, my apologies. My fingers move faster than my brain sometimes.

:cheers

These last 2 game have been just plain sickening. :angry:

Jose pitched I good game but I think Ozzie should have taken Contreras out after 6 innings, it looked like Jose was tiring out.

Also I would have had AJ pitch hit for Widger.

:huh

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 03:49 PM)
My point is that he isn't a great prospect. He's a good prospect. And if we can trade him to upgrade this team because we have a shot at the WS this year, then we should. Have I not been clear about that?

He's a great prospect. Probably the best hitting prospect in quite some time.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 03:56 PM)
He's a great prospect. Probably the best hitting prospect in quite some time.

Ok, I guess if you're talking in terms of best Sox hitting prospects this post makes a little more sense but still not enough. Fields hasn't even done this for a full season at any level. This is the same guy who put up a .750 OPS at Birmingham last year with 142 strikeouts compared to 55 walks. Let's not get ahead of ourselves now.

Um, he easily will be in the top 50. Most prospect experts believe he's a top 10 offensive prospect.

First, I'll believe it when I see BA rank him that highly. Second, Jeremy Reed was a top 10 MLB prospect too. Prospects are just maybes. If we can trade him to upgrade the team, we have to do it.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 04:01 PM)
Ok, I guess if you're talking in terms of best Sox hitting prospects this post makes a little more sense but still not enough. Fields hasn't even done this for a full season at any level. This is the same guy who put up a .750 OPS at Birmingham last year with 142 strikeouts compared to 55 walks. Let's not get ahead of ourselves now.

Based on his stats this year, he is probably the best hitting prospect we have had in some time. If you would like to compare him to the other players, go ahead and post stats. he is better that BA was, Borchard, Reed, Morse, Young.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 04:02 PM)
First, I'll believe it when I see BA rank him that highly. Second, Jeremy Reed was a top 10 MLB prospect too. Prospects are just maybes. If we can trade him to upgrade the team, we have to do it.

Hes a much better player than Reed was at this age.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 04:03 PM)
I love fan exuberance. I appreciate the hyperbole, but I prefer realism.

ok, should we list stats?

ok, should we list stats?

Are you just talking about one half season, or their entire minor league career? Do you think he is this once-in-a-lifetime prospect because of just one half season? Because Reed and Crede certainly had better minor league careers than Fields. Check the stats. Face it, you overstated...by a lot.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 09:02 PM)

Lets just say I have a great source at BA, and Fields will be rated very highly.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 04:07 PM)
Are you just talking about one half season, or their entire minor league career? Do you think he is this once-in-a-lifetime prospect because of just one half season? Because Reed and Crede certainly had better minor league careers than Fields. Check the stats. Face it, you overstated...by a lot.

Its his second full season, and Crede was never the hitter Fields has been this year.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 04:10 PM)
Its his second full season, and Crede was never the hitter Fields has been this year.

Joe Crede in '02, ABs with half the strikeouts, 20 points lower on his OPS but 10 more HRs and 10 RBIs.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 09:02 PM)

Or if we project him to be a MLB all-star like KW suggested, we can keep him, and have a cheap power hitter on a roster full of high salaried guys!

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 08:04 PM)
Nope, even inbred non-educated people from Michigan should know how to count this race.

This is off-topic, but weren't you the one guarnanteeing to everybody that Ross Gload was done in the organization and had no chance in hell of making the team?

And has Fields shown anything more than one good half season? He's going to have to show more than that for me to conclude that he's a great prospect and the best Sox hitting prospect in recent memory.