Detroit Tigers World Series Thread

Heads22

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Bonderman38 @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 02:28 PM)
I guess Perez is starting. Horrible trade by the Tigers. Hopefully Infante gets traded so he doesn't have to deal with this bs anymore.

I really, really hope that Leyland gives Perez as much playing time as Dusty did.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 02:43 AM)
Does Dave Dombrowski think he's Jim Hendry?? Anyone read his comments in the paper this morning?? He thinks highly of Neifi the way Hendry did.

Have you seen the other options that Leyland has in the infield now that Polanco's out?

The strikeout happy Omar Infante who is far too error prone in the field for a possible playoff bound club and Ramon Santiago who can field his position fine but couldn't handle a bat if his life depended on it.

Rest assured, if and when Placido comes back, Perez won't see the light of day unless there's another injury.

QUOTE(JackTalkThai @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 03:55 PM)
Have you seen the other options that Leyland has in the infield now that Polanco's out?

The strikeout happy Omar Infante who is far too error prone in the field for a possible playoff bound club and Ramon Santiago who can field his position fine but couldn't handle a bat if his life depended on it.

Rest assured, if and when Placido comes back, Perez won't see the light of day unless there's another injury.

The Tigers need offense more than defense. Perez is just like Santiago, can lay a bunt and play defense, can't hit worth a lick. Infante is a downgrade at defense, but you are underrating him because of the game in Texas.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 10:23 PM)
Do Tiger fans like the announcing crew? I really have not heard that much of them, but what I have heard, I kinda like them.

For the Tiger fans that do listen to the two of them, are they any good?

I am neither a Tiger fan nor do I listen to their commentators, but I do notice whenever I do hear them that they give credit when credit is due.

Their not too bad thats for sure.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 11:23 PM)
Do Tiger fans like the announcing crew? I really have not heard that much of them, but what I have heard, I kinda like them.

For the Tiger fans that do listen to the two of them, are they any good?

Most fans love them. They are fair, and Rod is totally crazy and says all this weird quirky stuff. They are really fun to listen to.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 05:20 PM)
Andrew Miller is getting a callup in time for the Yankee series after pitching five innings in the minors. There was a stipulation in his contract which required a 2006 callup.

I hope he sees action against that Yankee lineup. Can't imagine that Leyland would do that to a kid but you gotta believe he's a bit pissed that an unproven rookie and his agent are dictating his roster.

QUOTE(Bonderman38 @ Aug 28, 2006 -> 02:05 PM)
He's the real deal. I think he can do well.

Oh he's the real deal but bringing someone up just months after being drafted could prove to be a huge mistake. And yes I know that he has that clause in his contract but there is a possibility that this callup could really hinder his development.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 28, 2006 -> 03:07 PM)
Oh he's the real deal but bringing someone up just months after being drafted could prove to be a huge mistake. And yes I know that he has that clause in his contract but there is a possibility that this callup could really hinder his development.

True.

I don't believe Boras is his agent.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 28, 2006 -> 03:00 PM)
I hope he sees action against that Yankee lineup. Can't imagine that Leyland would do that to a kid but you gotta believe he's a bit pissed that an unproven rookie and his agent are dictating his roster.

Leyland actually seems pretty supportive of the move.

Miller had a clause written into his contract that he would be called up to the majors this year, but Leyland said that wasn't the driving factor in the decision.

"Miller's the guy I wanted," Leyland said. "It has nothing to do with coming up in September. He's not coming up here on a pass. I'm going to use him, I promise."

QUOTE(Bonderman38 @ Aug 28, 2006 -> 12:05 PM)
He's the real deal. I think he can do well.

This guy has a great arm, but he wasn't dominate at times against some of the better collegiate teams. I expect him to be completely overmatched and its a joke that he has a clause that would hinder his development (and him pitching at the major league level right now, which won't happen as he'll probably rot on the bench, is going to hinder him because he could have been developing and getting a lot more innings down in the minors).