Detroit Tigers World Series Thread

Heads22

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 07:51 PM)
Sorry, this Tigers team is not scaring ANYONE right now.

So, wait, you mean it's not possible for a team to keep an .800 winning % all year long?

I'm not saying they're done, they could certainly catch fire and turn it around, but EVERY team slumps and they are slumping at the worst time.

Liriano is done for the year.

It's gonna be a fun three weeks.

:gosox1:

Done deal. Texas winner. After 9/13's action...

DET --

MIN +1.5

CHI +3.0

On August 7th, just over a month ago, this was...

DET --

CHI +10.0

MIN +10.5

Team records since that date:

DET: 11-22

MIN: 20-14

CHI: 19-17

Well, everyone expected a DET slump at some point. They're in it. Question with DET is, will they snap out of it? For MIN, it's can they keep this up without Liriano and Radke, and playing a bunch on the road? And for CHI, for the love of all holy things, are they going to play up to their potential?

Its interesting to note that the Sox' 19-17 record since that date, while nothing spectacular, is not the utter ineptitude that some fans here have painted.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 05:49 PM)
I suspect that the Tigers will only be playing about 3 more games than the White Sox.

1.5 games up, won the season series with Oakland, Magglio and Granderson are both crushing the ball again...I like our chances to at least get out of the first round, although the Yankees all star lineup...ugh

QUOTE(loltrain @ Sep 23, 2006 -> 12:20 AM)
1.5 games up, won the season series with Oakland, Magglio and Granderson are both crushing the ball again...I like our chances to at least get out of the first round, although the Yankees all star lineup...ugh

Of the four AL reps in the playoff, the tigers were the least impressive in the second half. Really, the Tigers had every opportunity to run away with the central. The how team usually goes the farthest. By my estimation, the Tigers are the least hot. Especially if they go into the playoffs as the wild card.

Of the four AL reps in the playoff, the tigers were the least impressive in the second half. Really, the Tigers had every opportunity to run away with the central. The how team usually goes the farthest. By my estimation, the Tigers are the least hot. Especially if they go into the playoffs as the wild card.

You mean kind of like how Chicago had every chance to run away with it last year and needed the last week to clinch as well...how'd that work out for you guys.......don't discount the Tigers this year.....their pitching from top to bottom is better than any team in the league.....polanco is coming back today, and their hitters are getting hot again.........say what you want, but I like the way the Tigers are starting to play again as the season winds down.....

QUOTE(bunkerf16 @ Sep 23, 2006 -> 01:06 PM)
You mean kind of like how Chicago had every chance to run away with it last year and needed the last week to clinch as well...how'd that work out for you guys.......don't discount the Tigers this year.....their pitching from top to bottom is better than any team in the league.....polanco is coming back today, and their hitters are getting hot again.........say what you want, but I like the way the Tigers are starting to play again as the season winds down.....

Well see after the first week of October is up. The tigers still don't even have home field.

The Tigers are in the playoffs. That is quite a turnaround. At the end of last season, things didn't look so good. For White Sox fans sakes, hopefully their pitching will do similar things in 2007 to the White Sox staff did in 2006. The grim reaper is circling the White Sox as the Twins magic number for a tie is 1 and for a playoff spot is 2.