Detroit Tigers World Series Thread

Heads22

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 09:26 PM)
No worse than "Boomer" was with the BoSox vs. Us.

"A ground ball to Graffanino, OH NO!!!!!!!!"

Thank God I was at game one so I didnt have to listen to that clown. Unfortunately I didnt have tickets to game 2 so I had to listen to boomer and Piazza do stupid baseball talk.

Edited by southsideirish71

Tigers are not as good as the 05 whitesox, but I'll tell ya what, they look like they got the "magic season." Noone gave them a chance or believed. So far, they are looking good. But they are still not as good as the 05 sox. 11-1 in the playoffs is just too sick.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 09:52 PM)
Really, really easy to say that right now. Props to KR, though.

Didn't the Tigers make a run at Vazquez? I think Zumaya was part of the package, and Rogers most likely wouldn't have been there. I do know KW tried to sign Rogers a couple of years ago but really lowballed him so I don't think he would have come to the Sox. I think this series and of course the result of 2005 shows that pitching is so much more important than having all stars at ever other position. I hope KW spends every resource he has this offseason on the pitching staff.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 10:02 PM)
Tigers are not as good as the 05 whitesox, but I'll tell ya what, they look like they got the "magic season." Noone gave them a chance or believed. So far, they are looking good. But they are still not as good as the 05 sox. 11-1 in the playoffs is just too sick.

Series ain't over yet. But it's amazing when you think about how s***ty teams like the Tigers and Cardinals played the last month and are now on the brink of advancing to the LCS. If only we could've found a way to get in. :crying I don't think anybody could beat us.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 10:03 PM)
Didn't the Tigers make a run at Vazquez? I think Zumaya was part of the package, and Rogers most likely wouldn't have been there. I do know KW tried to sign Rogers a couple of years ago but really lowballed him so I don't think he would have come to the Sox. I think this series and of course the result of 2005 shows that pitching is so much more important than having all stars at ever other position. I hope KW spends every resource he has this offseason on the pitching staff.

Alright then. I get what you're saying now.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Oct 7, 2006 -> 03:11 PM)
ARod is batting 8th today. If the Yankees lose, could this be the end of his stay in the Bronx? I really think moving him down like this is showing him up. Its not like all the others are pounding the ball.

I agree. No way he's back there next year if they lose today or Sunday. 8th? LOL. What the hell is that supposed to accomplish?

Edited by Jordan4life_2006