White Sox close to acquiring Soriano

Brian

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 03:17 PM)
yeah he's good when healthy, but that's been a major issue, but Coop has turned people around before. Thorton is a good example

KW seems to have a pretty good track record for moves like this (non-huge name bullpen moves). I would expect McDougal to do well.

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 02:27 PM)
Does anyone actually think that Williams would be stupid enough to ship out McCarthy in this?

Yes, I do. Kenny wants another title BADLY. I'll be sick if we lose Brandon. He's gonna be to us what Liriano, Verlander and Weaver have been to the Twins, Tigers, and Angels.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 03:17 PM)
yeah he's good when healthy, but that's been a major issue, but Coop has turned people around before. Thorton is a good example

Somebody must have pointed him out as the guy they wanted to give up Lumsden.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 08:20 PM)
Yes, I do. Kenny wants another title BADLY. I'll be sick if we lose Brandon. He's gonna be to us what Liriano, Verlander and Weaver have been to the Twins, Tigers, and Angels.

I like McCarthy a lot, but he's nowhere near the caliber of those guys.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 03:21 PM)
The more I think about it, I just can't see Anderson being moved with Pods goin gto center. The SOx know Pods defense is suspect and they know he can't play center. There's is no way that is part of the big plan.

Pods won't go to center. Oz already said that Pods wouldn't move there, and he knows that Pods is bad in left. He isn't going back to centerfield.

Cooper + MacDougal? I think that'll work out damn well.

Jenks, Thornton, MacDougal?

Remember last season how people were complaining about how the Twins kept bringing all those great arms out of their bullpen? That's some serious gas in ours now.

Welcome to Chicago, AJ Burn...I mean, Mike MacDougal. qwertyworld's take:

Lumsden has a fair amount of potential, but the Royals should be able to do a little better if he's the only return. The White Sox would use MacDougal as a setup man. The Royals will likely put Ambiorix Burgos back into the closer's role.

MacDougal's under the club's control for 2 more years, right? (This is his 6th year w/ ML time, but in the first 2 years he was a September callup -- I think...)

QUOTE(Finkelstein @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 03:18 PM)
I believe that Levine just said that it was Tyler and someone named Cortez for MacDougal?

Jesus Fvckin Christ.

Do we have ANY legitimate arms left in our system?

You sure as hell can't trade McCarthy now. Lumsden was our best arm, and closest to the majors. We essentially traded an oft injured reliever for a #2, #3 starting pitcher? Yeah, that screams "win now," which translate to "we have the better end of the deal for several seasons, until Lumsden makes us regret the deal from every season thereafter."

Now since Lumsden has departed, I'll admit I had dreams of him making Buehrle expednable in two seasons. sigh......

QUOTE(G&T @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 03:23 PM)
Pods won't go to center. Oz already said that Pods wouldn't move there, and he knows that Pods is bad in left. He isn't going back to centerfield.

Um, didn't Pods play center prior to the Sox and isn't the whole point then putting Soriano in left?

QUOTE(spiderman @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 03:31 PM)
So certain are you.

He may have a good future, we'll see.

Yeah and what about Braodway, Phillips, and Haeger? Not including our crop we drafted this year. I know they are a couple of years away, but as been said before, they are prospects until they do something in the majors.

Remember some of our other can't-misses: Rauch, Kip Wells, Ruffcorn, even Baldwin to a point. Who knows what Kenny's got in mind, but In Kenny I Trust...my 2005 World Series DVD says so.