White Sox Loser

Butter Parque

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 10:25 PM)
If we go to Baltimore and KC, and we fall that many games out, they might as well shut down this site.

Pfft. This site never hops more than when people have something to beach about. You know that. :D

I only listened to parts of the game on radio, but it sounded like Jose pitched pretty well. Radio guys made the Bartlett homer sound like a cheapie and the guys on base didn't get on hitting line drives. A 4-3 loss to Santana isn't bad, it's just magnified when you have Vazquez, Garcia, Buehrle, and the offense spiffting the bed in every game the last 2/3 weeks.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 10:29 PM)
Before the 1st pitch, I had chalked up tonight as a loss and when the Twins went up 4-1, I changed the station. It was actually a positive to see this team try to fight back into it in the 9th.

I was depressed last year when we couldn't win a game in September but we came back to win in fine fashion. 2005 it was 9 games 2006 we have to play great baseball for 2 months with no cushion. :crying

Edited by forrestg

I didn't expect to win this one anyway. From now on, I'm not going to think about the playoff's. I'm going to treat each game individually. That's the way the team needs to treat them too. It's not effort. They're giving everything they have. They just aren't very good right now.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 03:28 AM)
I'm sure glad we don't have Politte and Widger holding us back anymore! Look out AL, we upgraded our 24th and 25th roster spots.

It's amazing that we might have found the one catcher active in the majors who wouldn't have been an upgrade over Widger. I like Sandy off the field...but he's a massive liability on the field now.

QUOTE(letsgoarow @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 11:40 PM)
i work for the danville braves team in the appy league.... we have a small

staff so pretty much on game days we get there at 9 in the am for a 7 pm game and then have to count money and so on.... so yeah

Doesn't sound like a bad job, overall. Though I can imagine it gets old.

It's amazing that we might have found the one catcher active in the majors who wouldn't have been an upgrade over Widger. I like Sandy off the field...but he's a massive liability on the field now.

But his veteran leadership will completely turn this team around. It doesn't matter that he's 47 years old.

Edited by SoxHawk1980

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 04:10 AM)
But his veteran leadership will completely turn this team around. It doesn't matter that he's 47 years old.

He would have been a great addition as a bench coach or a roving minor league instructor.

Over the last 7 days. The Annual August slumber for our bats started a tad early. How the fish does an entire team go bad on their bats.

Dye is hitting pretty good over the last week. So we rest him on Monday.

Thome is batting .120 Welcome to Whitesox late summer slump baseball

AJ is batting .125 His new pull only mode is pretty cool.

Pods is batting .167 What again does he do.

Konerko is at .190 Pretty much hits hits a home run or he gets an out.

Crede is hitting .240 He is popping everything up.

Iguchi is hitting .260

So Alomar has only played in 1 game for the Sox this season and people are already calling him a downgrade on Widger? GMAB.

Actually, I think that most people are calling him not an upgrade. And that isn't because of one game with the Sox. That is basically because

1. He was done being a decent major league player about 3 years ago.

2. He was only good enough to be the Rockies #3 catcher.

3. He's about 47 years old now.

4. His hitting and defensive skills have deteriorated to approximately the level of your average American Legion baseball player.

But he is a great clubhouse guy!

Edited by SoxHawk1980

I just want to add something about the game last night, having been there.

I don't know if this showed up on TV, but what I saw last night was a team that seemed to wake up in that 6th inning. Not sure what caused it - the bad calls, or Crede's HR, or what. But I saw the dugout go from lounging to very active, and stay that way the rest of the game. And they almost pulled it out - AJ's 9th inning out was literally inches from dropping in.

Just my observation. I think the team may be waking up. I hope that's the case. Add that to starting pitching that is improving across the rotation and a now very strong bullpen, and I think things may start to look up.

QUOTE(whitesox1976 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 09:08 AM)
Alamor is at the end of the line. I think we're just looking for him to be the back up catcher through the rest of this season, then KW will so do a serious search.

At least he threw out a baserunner last night. That's been a rarity this year.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 08:38 AM)
I just want to add something about the game last night, having been there.

I don't know if this showed up on TV, but what I saw last night was a team that seemed to wake up in that 6th inning. Not sure what caused it - the bad calls, or Crede's HR, or what. But I saw the dugout go from lounging to very active, and stay that way the rest of the game. And they almost pulled it out - AJ's 9th inning out was literally inches from dropping in.

Just my observation. I think the team may be waking up. I hope that's the case. Add that to starting pitching that is improving across the rotation and a now very strong bullpen, and I think things may start to look up.

Very Good Point. As bad as it was to lose last nite, you make a good point, AJ's hit almost fell in .....

and maybe, just maybe this team is waking up. Maybe.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 09:07 AM)
Is it just me or did we have a HR in each of the last 2 games barely clear the fence with our backup OFs making lousy efforts to catch the ball? Ozuna last night and Gload on Monday.

We talked about this last nite. We said DYE wouldve made that catch that Gload couldnt make.

Even Pods wouldve had that ball over Ozuna.

Both catches could easily have turned the games around ..................