7/28/2006 White Sox v. Orioles

QUOTE(iguchi=dank @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:58 PM)
Rally Gload...???

FWIW, Ross Gload's ISOD is a mere .006. I would guess it is probably one of the lowest in the entire league. So his .284 BA is VERY, VERY misleading.

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 12:57 AM)
I'd rather throw him on the DL if the value isn't there and see what happens. I have no doubt that he was effected by the WBC along with him getting a bit out of shape after winning the world series. I do think he can regain his velocity with the proper work ethic over the off-season.

The thing people forget is that his velocity decreased pretty drastically from his first year with the Sox to last season. People act like he was throwing 95 mph constantly for the Sox last year. He was more in the 91-92 range. When we first traded for him, he was absolutely electric in his first start at Minnesota. It's pretty sad how far his stuff has fallen. His K rates are extremely evident of this.

Bottom 6TH B:0 S:0 O:0

Defensive Substitution: Ross Gload replaces first baseman Paul Konerko, batting 4th, playing first base.

Can anyone explain?

I don't know. After he fouled a ball off of his ankle a couple innings ago, he took a long time and Ozzie and the trainer looked at him. Maybe it is hurting him.

Freddy's been dealin pretty well 5th and 6th.. its just SAD that 3 of our pitchers do this every game.

could be that oriole batters are swingin away with the lead though and is misleading. thats prolly it

Edited by iguchi=dank

QUOTE(zenryan @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 05:58 PM)
I dont understand why Ozzie must always have Pablo in there against lefties.

he isnt a platoon type player. he is a nice spark to have about once a week or in later innings as a PR.

As far as I'm concerned, we need his speed out there since Pods won't run and we should be utilizing it. Pablo has reached base twice tonight, how can we possibly slam him?

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:58 PM)

Defensive Substitution: Ross Gload replaces first baseman Paul Konerko, batting 4th, playing first base.

Can anyone explain?

Fouled a ball off his foot earlier. Looked bad at the time but he played a few innings after it.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 05:58 PM)

Can anyone explain?

Paulie was quite sore after fouling a ball off his foot two AB's ago. Maybe his next AB he was still feeling it and Ozzie said thats it, he's coming out (It would have to be pretty bad for Paulie to call himself out).

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 01:00 AM)
The thing people forget is that his velocity decreased pretty drastically from his first year with the Sox to last season. People act like he was throwing 95 mph constantly for the Sox last year. He was more in the 91-92 range. When we first traded for him, he was absolutely electric in his first start at Minnesota. It's pretty sad how far his stuff has fallen. His K rates are extremely evident of this.

you are exactly right

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 08:01 PM)
why do we only have 2 runs thru six innings?

pathetic.

At the risk of sounding like Hawk, seems like we are having good ABs and getting guys on, but once again, no hitting with RISP or anything clutch. We worked Bedard into a high pitch count and hopefully out of the game. Dye could of been huge tonight.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 08:02 PM)
Honestly, I've got more faith in Gload right now than Konerko./

How? How can you say that? Gload rarely takes a walk, something Paulie can atleast do when he is struggling. Gload is not a very good hitter.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 06:00 PM)

Ya, that first start against the Twins was one of the more impressive starts I've seen out of any Sox player. I realize he ended up giving up a few that game, but early on he was a strikeout machine and on the stuff o metor he was flat out disgusting.

He wasn't as nasty last year, but he still could rare back and fire early on. I've long said it was work ethic but maybe he's trending downward due to some other reasons, whether he just can't maintain with age or if he had some help. I'm not about to make accusations, but regardless, something hasn't been right for this guy and given his lax attitude and the fact that he looked "bigger" this off-season I go with laziness.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 08:00 PM)

It's sad to see a guy who led the league in ERA years ago and now...well, doesn't.