Grinder Bash feedback

LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 02:53 PM)
The problem is there are a ton of people who RSVP'd by the required date, and they never got the other tickets. I left a message on a voice mail, and thankfully did receive the tickets, but its a pretty screwy system. Why don't they have the reps do this stuff through e-mail? Or have a master email and then when people call and say they haven't received their tickets, they could easily look it up? I'm still trying to figure out what my rep does to earn his paycheck, and even worse, the stiff gets a WS ring. It makes me sick. I haven't received an email from him since February. Either they need to hire more reps, and in the grand scheme of things, they don't make a lot of money so it really won't hurt them, or get them, or at least mine, better trained. The fiasco with the WS and playoff tickets last year, and this snafu is only going to make it harder to renew bandwagon fans if the season falls apart at the seams. They had plenty of time for planning these parties, they really have no excuses. If you were someone who took advantage of the playoff ticketoffer and picked up season tickets last fall, you have had the fiasco of not being able to reach anybody with the White Sox concerning whether or not you successfully were able to land tickets last fall, you were stuffed into Sox fest with a shoehorn last January, maybe that wasn't the White Sox fault, but its still a blemish on the organization, and now the season ticketholder party you may or may not really be invited. You may drive down to USCF and get sent home. Something needs to be done about it. Being swamped is not an excuse.

Everybody's different I guess, but I haven't received an email from my rep in 5 years and couldn't care less. Actually, to be honest, I wouldn't know who he/she was if they punched me in the face. BTW, I e-mailed my RSVP and had no problems.

QUOTE(Wealz @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 03:37 PM)
Everybody's different I guess, but I haven't received an email from my rep in 5 years and couldn't care less. Actually, to be honest, I wouldn't know who he/she was if they punched me in the face. BTW, I e-mailed my RSVP and had no problems.

I wouldn't mind either if he wasn't ignoring my messages. I have had a few questions over the past few years with this jamoke and he never has returned my email or call. He had no problem contacting me last year when he wanted me to move up a couple rows. I politely declined.

Well, last night could not have gone any more smoothly.

I didn't get there til 5:25 and I thought I'd be late for everything and screwed. NOPE.

I walked right in, there was no line, went to the table where they give you a wristband which determines what time you get to go on the field. We opted for the 7:00-7:25 slot. Grabbed two beers and got into the food line becasue the food was not ready yet. At about 5:45, the kitchen gates went up and the food was ready. We ate until about 6:00. Visited a few gift shops, the press room, the visitor's clubhouse and the Scout seats lounge. I was surprised at how small the visitor's clubhouse is, the press room was fun.

At about 6:55 we headed over to the 'elephant gates' in CF and they let us onto the field. You can go anywhere except the infield. I took my flip flops off and took in the grass. We took a ton of pictures and left the field at 7:25. Headed back to the patio area, grabbed more food and two more beers. Left at about 7:50. Nothing was too crowded and everything was well organized. GREAT TIME!

By the way, there was a guy who was asking people who only had invites and not tickets to stand in another line. I'm not sure what they did with those people, maybe they got in after all. :huh

I'm sorry some of you didn't get to go and that Thursday night was kind of a mess, but I thought this thread could use some positivity.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 09:10 AM)

I didn't get there til 5:25 and I thought I'd be late for everything and screwed. NOPE.

I walked right in, there was no line, went to the table where they give you a wristband which determines what time you get to go on the field. We opted for the 7:00-7:25 slot. Grabbed two beers and got into the food line becasue the food was not ready yet. At about 5:45, the kitchen gates went up and the food was ready. We ate until about 6:00. Visited a few gift shops, the press room, the visitor's clubhouse and the Scout seats lounge. I was surprised at how small the visitor's clubhouse is, the press room was fun.

At about 6:55 we headed over to the 'elephant gates' in CF and they let us onto the field. You can go anywhere except the infield. I took my flip flops off and took in the grass. We took a ton of pictures and left the field at 7:25. Headed back to the patio area, grabbed more food and two more beers. Left at about 7:50. Nothing was too crowded and everything was well organized. GREAT TIME!

By the way, there was a guy who was asking people who only had invites and not tickets to stand in another line. I'm not sure what they did with those people, maybe they got in after all. :huh

I'm sorry some of you didn't get to go and that Thursday night was kind of a mess, but I thought this thread could use some positivity.

Good to hear Los....I had a good time...just wished the weather would have cooperated. And I am envious that your stinky feet touched the outfield grass. :cheers

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:53 PM)
The problem is there are a ton of people who RSVP'd by the required date, and they never got the other tickets. I left a message on a voice mail, and thankfully did receive the tickets, but its a pretty screwy system. Why don't they have the reps do this stuff through e-mail? Or have a master email and then when people call and say they haven't received their tickets, they could easily look it up? I'm still trying to figure out what my rep does to earn his paycheck, and even worse, the stiff gets a WS ring. It makes me sick. I haven't received an email from him since February. Either they need to hire more reps, and in the grand scheme of things, they don't make a lot of money so it really won't hurt them, or get them, or at least mine, better trained. The fiasco with the WS and playoff tickets last year, and this snafu is only going to make it harder to renew bandwagon fans if the season falls apart at the seams. They had plenty of time for planning these parties, they really have no excuses. If you were someone who took advantage of the playoff ticketoffer and picked up season tickets last fall, you have had the fiasco of not being able to reach anybody with the White Sox concerning whether or not you successfully were able to land tickets last fall, you were stuffed into Sox fest with a shoehorn last January, maybe that wasn't the White Sox fault, but its still a blemish on the organization, and now the season ticketholder party you may or may not really be invited. You may drive down to USCF and get sent home. Something needs to be done about it. Being swamped is not an excuse.

Surprised to hear about your ticket rep - we are new to this and on our third ticket rep! I will say this I get an e-mail of some kind almost daily from my new rep. I haven't really needed anything but it is nice to be kept up on what's going on.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 09:10 AM)

I had a good time as well.

One comment though about the scout seats lounge. It was so nice compared to other parts of the park yet it reminded me of the lower level concourse at Pac Bell. You'll see generic 13" TVs scattered all over USCF yet the scout seat lounge has nice plasma TVs broadcasting in HD. While at Pac Bell last weekend there were dozens of plasma screens all over the concourse broadcasting the game in HD. Was a very nice touch. I will admit that our park looks a whole lot better since it's early years but when comparing it to the elite stadiums it still comes off as sort of cheap when it comes to the attention to detail.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 08:58 AM)
I had a good time as well.

One comment though about the scout seats lounge. It was so nice compared to other parts of the park yet it reminded me of the lower level concourse at Pac Bell. You'll see generic 13" TVs scattered all over USCF yet the scout seat lounge has nice plasma TVs broadcasting in HD. While at Pac Bell last weekend there were dozens of plasma screens all over the concourse broadcasting the game in HD. Was a very nice touch. I will admit that our park looks a whole lot better since it's early years but when comparing it to the elite stadiums it still comes off as sort of cheap when it comes to the attention to detail.

The Scout Seat Lounge was a sweet set up...I have a couple pics in my other post. I don't really care that there aren't plasmas all over the park, I mean how long are you wathcing tv in the concourse anyway. When it's time to upgrade the tv's, I'm sure they'll go the LCD route, but I see no need to tear down all the old tv's just for aesthetics.

As for the whole ticket fiasco....When I was in line they had said...if you were sent the ticketmaster tickets stay in this line...If you only have the Big Card that was sent to you in the mail go to the ticket window.

I assumed they were giving those people regular tickets at that ticket window, but I dont know cause we went inside.

Edited by Controlled Chaos

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 01:09 PM)
The Scout Seat Lounge was a sweet set up...I have a couple pics in my other post. I don't really care that there aren't plasmas all over the park, I mean how long are you wathcing tv in the concourse anyway. When it's time to upgrade the tv's, I'm sure they'll go the LCD route, but I see no need to tear down all the old tv's just for aesthetics.

As for the whole ticket fiasco....When I was in line they had said...if you were sent the ticketmaster tickets stay in this line...If you only have the Big Card that was sent to you in the mail go to the ticket window.

I assumed they were giving those people regular tickets at that ticket window, but I dont know cause we went inside.

We stayed over there the entire time Friday night. I didn't see nearly as many ticket issues Friday as I did Thursday which was good.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 01:19 PM)
We stayed over there the entire time Friday night. I didn't see nearly as many ticket issues Friday as I did Thursday which was good.

I remember seeing a pic of you with the Sox ring on your finger way back when the passed them out. It took me awhile, but I finally got to wear that thing. Of course when I win the raffle I'll be able to wear it all the time. I thought it looked pretty good on me if I must say so myself.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 01:46 PM)
I remember seeing a pic of you with the Sox ring on your finger way back when the passed them out. It took me awhile, but I finally got to wear that thing. Of course when I win the raffle I'll be able to wear it all the time. I thought it looked pretty good on me if I must say so myself.

Friggin heavy, aint it? That will be cool... 2 Soxtalkers winning ;)

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 02:04 PM)
AHEM, I am totally winning one of those rings... But I will let you guys pay the taxes on it in exchange for letting you take a picture with it :)

Like hell you are. I'll be saving this post as blackmail... :ph34r: