Konerko's injury

Greg Hibbard

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 10:49 AM)
I wouldn't mind Konerko sitting out another day or two. He's been garbage recently, completely in his homer-or-bust mode. And Gload deserves a reward for his heroics yesterday.

Not to sound bad...but Konerko last nite in the 9th would have hit a double play...

Gload in Konerko's spot for a few games isn't a bad thing :D

Anyone think there would be a market for Paulie -- perhaps this winter?

Aside from his leadership/character and some recent adroit defensive plays, I think that Paul exemplifies what needs to change about this team: He's a slow-footed, HR-focused and rally-killer with a $60 million contract.

It hurts to be so negative about such a great guy without whom we'd not be World Champs.

:gosox2: :gosox1: :gosox4: :gosox3:

QUOTE(SadChiSoxFanOptimist @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 11:27 AM)

Aside from his leadership/character and some recent adroit defensive plays, I think that Paul exemplifies what needs to change about this team: He's a slow-footed, HR-focused and rally-killer with a $60 million contract.

It hurts to be so negative about such a great guy without whom we'd not be World Champs.

Hahahahaha. Go lock yourself in the closet, and dont come out.

How's Timo doing down in AAA Memphis now a days? Maybe we can give him a shot a firstbase, he did well there last year, he's much faster than Konerko, ULTRA CLUTCH unlike Konerko and he doesn't hit any HRs so we won't be stuck with the burden of a 1B who hits HRs.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 11:32 AM)
Hahahahaha. Go lock yourself in the closet, and dont come out.

Nice. :chair

Exxxxxxxxxxxxcuuuuuuuuuussssssseeee meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I was merely evaluatiing what I believe is holding this team back -- lack of speed and rally-killing double plays -- thinking about how to fix it.

BTW, hope there are no typos here -- it's friggin dark in this damn closet.

Rock, can I come out now? ;)

QUOTE(SadChiSoxFanOptimist @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 10:27 AM)

If we're making a trade out of our 3-4-5, I'd rather it be Dye for a few reasons. The top is that Konerko has been with the organization and means more to the fans, plus RF is a position where you can try to insert a guy with some speed, which could help out the lineup.

QUOTE(SadChiSoxFanOptimist @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 11:50 AM)

I was merely evaluatiing what I believe is holding this team back -- lack of speed and rally-killing double plays -- thinking about how to fix it.

there is nothing wrong with Pauly. He IS the chicago white sox. he's a great guy, a great captain and a great player. yeah he's not fast - big deal. how many hr did he have last year? how many rbi? how many games did he win for us last year? i hate that ANY TIME a player on this team goes into a slump people start calling for his neck. paulie's even batting .300 this year and people are b****ing... i dont get it.

If we are talking about upgrading at certain positions and possible trades 1st base and right field are near the bottem of my list with 3rd and catcher. I would like to see the other outfield positions or ss improved first, not to mention pitching.

QUOTE(SadChiSoxFanOptimist @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 11:50 AM)

come on... whats holding this team back is good pitchers pitching poorly...

if that changes... whitesox start winning.

QUOTE(SadChiSoxFanOptimist @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 11:27 AM)

Have another beer!

:cheers

QUOTE(SadChiSoxFanOptimist @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 09:50 AM)

Paulie has been slow, notoriously streaky, and has had the tendency to hit into double plays ever since he's been in a Sox uniform. He also has the tendency to hit game-winning jacks in the post-season. I'll take the good with the bad.

(Written from the closet)

To: ALL PAULIE DEFENDERS

RE: Learned My Lesson

Forgive me brothers and sisters for I have SoxTalk sinned.

I have been banished into the closet by Rock Raines and suffered worse ignominities from posters for respectfully considering the possibility that Paul Konerko might have value to another team and thereby, bringing us players to improve our team.

It was clearly inapprppriate for me to raise such an issue -- even in a manner respectful to Paulie -- violating the unwritten SoxTalk "Thou shalt not consider replacement of Paul Konerko for any reason in any way without risking demeaning attacks" commandment.

I've learned my lesson: It cannot get any better than Konerko.

I repent.

Rock, please release me from my closet prison.

SadChiSoxFanOptimist

Newest Member of the Konerko For Life At First Base Club

QUOTE(SadChiSoxFanOptimist @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 05:25 PM)
(Written from the closet)

To: ALL PAULIE DEFENDERS

RE: Learned My Lesson

Forgive me brothers and sisters for I have SoxTalk sinned.

I have been banished into the closet by Rock Raines and suffered worse ignominities from posters for respectfully considering the possibility that Paul Konerko might have value to another team and thereby, bringing us players to improve our team.

It was clearly inapprppriate for me to raise such an issue -- even in a manner respectful to Paulie -- violating the unwritten SoxTalk "Thou shalt not consider replacement of Paul Konerko for any reason in any way without risking demeaning attacks" commandment.

I've learned my lesson: It cannot get any better than Konerko.

I repent.

Rock, please release me from my closet prison.

SadChiSoxFanOptimist

Newest Member of the Konerko For Life At First Base Club

:lol: Solid.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 05:37 PM)
your going way 2 overboard on this..... you suggested something rather dumb and a poster called you out for it. Everyone at some point suggests something dumb especially when it comes to baseball... it wasnt anything personel.

^^^^^^^^

he tried to rebuff by being humerous. It didnt work. retarded idea, even worse response.

Paul Konerko - First Baseman Jul. 29 - 8:49 pm et

Paul Konerko sat out Saturday's game with a bruised shin sustained in Friday's win.

Ross Gload replaced him at first base. Konerko believes he'll play Sunday. "I think I'll be good tomorrow," he said. "I could hit today. I just took some flips. I will be ready to pinch-hit.