7/30/06 White Sox v. Orioles

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 01:07 PM)
The back-up CF issue needs to be addressed. I don't know how many times Mackowiak has to show you he can't play CF before Ozzie and KW realize something needs to be done about it.

This is a theme this year. Vazquez has shown numerous times he doesn't deserve a starting spot in our rotation but he will likely start in some of the most important games of season. We have very stubborn (or sometimes retarded, in Ozzie's case) managment.

There are no stronger bonds than the ones made on the golf course, though.

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 06:11 PM)
With the Yankees picking up Abreu and Lidle, the Sox should really make a trade to bolster the offense or starting pitching.

The scary thing is that ESPN today thought that the Twins might lead for Soriano now.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Henry was the Yankees first rounder in 2005, and I have no clue who the other guy is. The Yankees are picking up both contracts though completely. It's not that bad a deal for the Phillies.

If I were a Phils fan, I'd be pretty pissed off. It's obvious that the managment is cutting payroll, yet they did it after giving us $22 million.

I wonder which A-Baller they'll dump Lieber for.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 01:11 PM)
With the Yankees picking up Abreu and Lidle, the Sox should really make a trade to bolster the offense or starting pitching.

Dye,Paulie and Thome told KW the roster he's paying $100 million for is good enough. Who are you to question it? I think they could use a boost myself. It probably isn't going to happen, but you never know until tomorrow.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 02:11 PM)
The scary thing is that ESPN today thought that the Twins might lead for Soriano now.

If the Twins have to give up someone like Matt Garza for Soriano, I'd be fine with them getting him. Yea, it makes them a damn good team this year, but Garza is supposidly their next big pitching prospect, and I'd rather have to face Soriano for 2 months than Garza for 6 years.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 06:12 PM)
If I were a Phils fan, I'd be pretty pissed off. It's obvious that the managment is cutting payroll, yet they did it after giving us $22 million.

I wonder which A-Baller they'll dump Lieber for.

Yeah, you would have thought they'd get someone who can possibly come up in 2007 and contribute. Henry is probably 4 years away from the majors.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 01:13 PM)
If the Twins have to give up someone like Matt Garza for Soriano, I'd be fine with them getting him. Yea, it makes them a damn good team this year, but Garza is supposidly their next big pitching prospect, and I'd rather have to face Soriano for 2 months than Garza for 6 years.

Just how good could Garza be? He's not going to be Liriano or Santanaesque is he? I'm asking because I don't know much about him.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 02:17 PM)
Just how good could Garza be? He's not going to be Liriano or Santanaesque is he? I'm asking because I don't know much about him.

Supposidly, he is (AFAIK at least).

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 12:17 PM)
Oh, I've hated that commercial since the first time I'd seen it.

true.

For some reason, I'm not worried about Abreu to the Yankees. Maybe that reason is stupidity, but hey.