7/30/06 White Sox v. Orioles

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 11:02 AM)
Wow....pathetic outfield defense. Take off the concrete shoes Dye. Anderson would have caught that ball easily. It's ok Ozzie, outfield defense means nothing!

Mack would've caught that ball easily if he had called off dye. He almost caught it anyway, he was just standing there.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 06:04 PM)
In every single aspect of the game, we're the polar opposites of the 2005 team.

We were good at fundamentals, defense, and pitching last year while being bad on offense. This year, we're bad at all of those things and good on offense.

At least we brought back the "Sunday" lineup today. This reminds me of last year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 01:04 PM)
I think he means it contributed to the run, as the FC wouldn't have happened if the guy didn't reach.

I'm just sick of seeing walks, because with the way our luck has been this year it seems like everytime that walk comes around to score, even if it's with 2 outs.....not to mention that if our pitchers go up 0-2 on a batter they throw a cookie...

*sigh*

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 01:07 PM)
The back-up CF issue needs to be addressed. I don't know how many times Mackowiak has to show you he can't play CF before Ozzie and KW realize something needs to be done about it.

It only took them 4 months to realize that Politte was worthless this year.

Couple of questions...

1. Why the fish is Mackowiak playing in CF today?

2. Why the hell is Mackowiak batting sixth today?

3. Why is outfield defense unimportant against a team that doesn't strike out often and almost always put the ball in play?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 06:07 PM)
The back-up CF issue needs to be addressed. I don't know how many times Mackowiak has to show you he can't play CF before Ozzie and KW realize something needs to be done about it.

It's happened for over 100 games this season, I'm not confident anything will be fixed. It sounds like a broken record, but our outfield defense has been absolutely awful this season all around.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 01:08 PM)
Couple of questions...

3. Why is outfield defense unimportant against a team that doesn't strike out often and almost always put the ball in play?

Don't question Guillen's managing, he's a genious.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 06:08 PM)
Couple of questions...

If you know this much, then why aren't you managing? :P