7/30/06 White Sox v. Orioles

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 12:50 PM)
Nope, it's supposed to be for two low level prospects who aren't studs.

If that is the case, I'm amazed how many teams help the Yankees out so much like this. Just giving them players.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 01:50 PM)
Wow, do our 3-4-5 always slump at the exact same time?

uh, JD isn't slumping (unless you call his day yesterday a slump), and Thome isn't in today's game, but walked 4 times yesterday.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 05:51 PM)
If that is the case, I'm amazed how many teams help the Yankees out so much like this. Just giving them players.

It's not teams helping out the Yanks. It's the Yanks helping teams get rid of big contracts because no one else can afford them.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 12:51 PM)
uh, JD isn't slumping (unless you call his day yesterday a slump), and Thome isn't in today's game, but walked 4 times yesterday.

Yeah, but it always seems that, whenever they come up with no outs and the first guy doesn't come through, they all just fail.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 12:52 PM)
It's not teams helping out the Yanks. It's the Yanks helping teams get rid of big contracts because no one else can afford them.

exactly..Abreu is terribly overpaid and Lidle has never performed up to his expectations. The Yankees target guys like this because they dont care about money and history has shown that players tend to play better once they put the yankee pinstripes on.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 01:54 PM)
Yeah, but it always seems that, whenever they come up with no outs and the first guy doesn't come through, they all just fail.

Except the first guy (AJP) did come through.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 12:50 PM)
Should have gotten more that inning. I'm still not sure how Iguchi wasn't able to go from 1st to 3rd on AJP's single. Lets go Javy!

We're so station-to-station now, it's bad. Besides Pods "stealing" 2nd earlier, we only move one base at a time. Pods didn't even score from 2nd on Iguchi's single. Our speedy leadoff hitter can't even score from 2nd.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 05:55 PM)
Except the first guy (AJP) did come through.

I think he means the Thome/PK/Dye combo. I have a hard time complaining about those three though. Without them, our season would be over.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 01:56 PM)
Abreu + Lidle for CJ Henry and Steven White

Isn't Henry the guy that they drafted last year? Or am I confusing him with someone else?